Schedule Question | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Question

Orangefan1

All Conference
I was wondering if there has been any talk on how bad the schedule is this year in regards to how much time in between games. It seems like there is only a Monday and Saturday game. I feel like we used to play three games a week at times and there is a serious lull between one game to the next. Thoughts?

I was wondering if there has been any talk on how bad the schedule is this year in regards to how much time in between games. It seems like there is only a Monday and Saturday game. I feel like we used to play three games a week at times and there is a serious lull between one game to the next. Thoughts?
I agree not to mention we got hosed on home games this year

I was thinking the same thing, like I distinctly remember Monday Wednesday Saturday games in past years

Pretty comfy schedule with one weekday and one weekend game pretty much all the rest of the season.

I feel like it’s always been one week night, one weekend. Sometimes there’s that Saturday/Monday turnaround, which I hate, and then there’s not another game until the weekend. I am pretty sure my memory is correct on this, but then, I am a woman of a certain age . . . . .

I was thinking the same thing, like I distinctly remember Monday Wednesday Saturday games in past years
Sounded familiar but apparently an urban legend. I have been following the program for over 50 years and went back to my go to source to spot check schedules. Other than in season tournaments with back yo back games I can’t find any regularity of three games a week scheduling.

The standard conference schedule is one weekend, one weekday game. We have only played two Saturday/Mondays so far this season -- most of our games are midweek. The only time we play multiple weeknight games is for a holiday tournament, conference tournament, or a maybe a Colgate/Cornell type thing in the early part of the season.

I recall in the Eighties a few times where there were 2 weekday and one weekend game within a calendar week. But those tended to be December pre-conference games, where November (at least pre-Thanksgiving) games were virtually non-existent. It sometimes involved the Carrier Classic or other mini-tournaments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom