Schiano wants Penn State if... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schiano wants Penn State if...

PSU can do a lot better than Schiano. They have attendance issues for the first time, a failed NFL coach and a guy viewed as a minor league college coach ain't gonna cut it.

On the NFL , the Skins are horrid job except for the fact that whoever gets it will most likely be massively overpaid.

But at least most of the locals in Happy Vally know how to chop wood.

KaiserUEO said:
the 1st domino will be texas, then the harlem shuffle begins.

Does that come before or after the Harlem shake? Never quite got that down. :)

Every job in the NFL is a top job.
While I agree that parity, draft makes all NFL jobs a top job, but somebody like O'Brien will be able to pick the NFL jobs he wants to go after. I don't think he won't leave Penn State unless its for a good NFL job. Minnesota/Detroit aren't as good of jobs than Houston/NY Giants.

no such thing as a top 10 job in the NFL as far as coaching is concerned. You need to hope that you have an owner that gives you time and power to make decisions. Atlanta is without a doubt a better job than Wash and Dallas. I mean, by far. BY FAR.

you could make a legit case that Jacksonville is a better job than Dallas or Washington.
I agree that Washington isn't as good, but that is because of Daniel Snyder being a boob. I wouldn't say all jobs are equal. Honestly, I left out Atlanta and Baltimore and felt they are just as good any job. I think when I was ranking the jobs I was just factoring in history, fanbase, expectations. I agree all NFL jobs are special, but when your a hot commodity you can be more of a selector than just taking the first offer. O'Brien for some reason is a hot commodity and can be more of selector that is my point.

If BOB leaves are there any chances in pulling in some recruits that may jump ship? Depending on who they would bring in of course. If Schiano showed up there I imagine all local area recruits to schools from Cuse, BC and Rutgers would back out of their commitments for a chance to play at Ped State with Schiano... ;)

For Shady to so quickly say he isn't interested while struggling in he NFL, means one thing. He knows PedSt doesn't want him.

If O'Brien leaves, my money is on Golden.

I posted an article on recruiting from the LA times last week, that had quotes from nfl and college coaches, and i believe a few of them said they prefer the college game, instilling values on the kids, shaping them, molding them etc. With the NFL its more of a job, play football, see you at practice, see you at the game. Dont let me see your name in the news paper kinda thing. I thought i read somewhere that Harbaugh did enjoy College more than NFL.
A college head coach has much more control of his personnel and program than an NFL coach. In the NFL there is a common draft order and you can only get so many players and BTW it's the GM or owner who has the final say on personnel decisions not the coach. Many hot shot college coaches have run into this fact like a brick wall and left very disillusioned. A college guy who is a good salesman, the sky is the limit on his recruiting. What many of them like is that in the NFL the coach spends 90% of his time on game planning and X and O decisions while the college coach spends a high percentage of his time recruiting, fund raising, and sucking up to powerful boosters and alumni. NFL and college are two different type of jobs.

rrlbees said:
For Shady to so quickly say he isn't interested while struggling in he NFL, means one thing. He knows PedSt doesn't want him. If O'Brien leaves, my money is on Golden.
Shady would love to return to Coral Gables.