Scholarships - No mas | Syracusefan.com

Scholarships - No mas

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
We are officially out of scholarships for 2019-20, unless we have an as of yet unannounced departure. Of course Brissett may have one foot out the door, but they aren't both out yet.

1. Sidibe
2. Brissett
3. Dolezaj
4. Washington
5. Hughes
6. Carey
7. Boeheim
8. Braswell
9. Goodine
10. Girard
11. Guerrier
12. Ajak
13. Edwards

Nothing more.

can buddy change to a non scholie if he wanted too? can anyone for that matter if they felt so inclined?

wow, i look at this roster and i see only hughes as an above average proven acc caliber player who is a near certainty to return.

there is a mix of some shooters and some athletes. there is zero proven ability at pg and c.

however, this team has potential to be successful.

1. need to have somebody emerge as legit pg from jc, bg, or jg.

2. need somebody to emerge as at least an adequate center. if marek has to start at the five we are hurting.

3. speaking of marek, he needs to show progression.

4. i think bras can surprise if oshae leaves, but wo oshae not a lot of pf depth.

all in all, jimmy has his work cut out. bubble might be the upside.

We are officially out of scholarships for 2019-20, unless we have an as of yet unannounced departure. Of course Brissett may have one foot out the door, but they aren't both out yet.

1. Sidibe
2. Brissett
3. Dolezaj
4. Washington
5. Hughes
6. Carey
7. Boeheim
8. Braswell
9. Goodine
10. Girard
11. Guerrier
12. Ajak
13. Edwards

Nothing more.
With OShea declaring/entering his name to go through the process, does that free up his scholarship, if JB did not want him back.

1. Sidibe
2. Brissett
3. Dolezaj
4. Washington
5. Hughes
6. Carey
7. Boeheim
8. Braswell
9. Goodine
10. Girard
11. Guerrier
12. Ajak
13. Edwards

Nothing more.
and zero seniors
(elijah will be a senior academically but a junior in eligibility)
so even if oshae goes, they likely keep that slot open for andre jackson

and zero seniors
(elijah will be a senior academically but a junior in eligibility)
so even if oshae goes, they likely keep that slot open for andre jackson
Yes, this is basically the most likely scenario.

I also think QG will be a surprise impact frosh and very likely be 1 and done. That will open 2 scholarships for next year.

Where is Brissett going? Over seas, China, G league for life...dude will never play meaningful minutes in the NBA. Not a good outside shot and half the time out of control driving to the hoop. Not a SF and too little for a PF(in the NBA)

Yes, this is basically the most likely scenario.

I also think QG will be a surprise impact frosh and very likely be 1 and done. That will open 2 scholarships for next year.
Not a chance that happens. Guerrier is a nice player, and he’ll probably be good for us from day 1. But he’s not a 1 and done.

Brissette will leave if not now then after next season. There are 5 guards and only 3 will get PT -- so at least 1 will transfer after not playing next season. That should clear 2 ships for the 2020 class. Wouldn't surprise me if JB also cleared out some dead wood to open another. We should have 2 -3 ships available for the next class.

I think if Washington and braswell don’t get many minutes this year there gone as well imo!

Not a chance that happens. Guerrier is a nice player, and he’ll probably be good for us from day 1. But he’s not a 1 and done.
If Brissett doesn’t come back I believe Guerrier will be our leading scorer.

If Brissett doesn’t come back I believe Guerrier will be our leading scorer.
Elijah Hughes and Buddy Boeheim may want to dispute that. But those 3 should hopefully be lethal together.

Where is Brissett going? Over seas, China, G league for life...dude will never play meaningful minutes in the NBA. Not a good outside shot and half the time out of control driving to the hoop. Not a SF and too little for a PF(in the NBA)
Nice to know not only what is, but will be. What's your Derby pick?

So... who would y'all rather have next year: Brissett or Duruji?
Keeping in mind the potential that Guerrier takes Brissett's minutes, and Duruji is depth, so it's not just a Duruji for Brissett swap exactly. Or... maybe it is. He's got some experience at this level... I'm conflicted. I think Brissett still has the capacity to up his game and be very, very good. But, i think it's equally likely that he we get the same guy as 18-19, and that Guerrier would be equally as productive or more efficient.

I thought Buddy was technically non-scholly because dad is an employee of the University and therefore Buddy attends school gratis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom