Scholarships - No mas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scholarships - No mas

This looks like a really bad 2019-2020 team and a really good 2020-2021 team.

Overall, the talent level should be a little better than it’s been but man, what a young, unproven group. On paper, we have shooters and wings but still major question marks at PG and C.

A patchwork Carey/Goodine/JG3/HW(?) at PG should have its moments but I think we’re going to have major issues, especially if JC fails to improve his game/efficiency. The mkeup will change game by game, so JB has to find the right combos and push the right buttons. In the system we’ve seen, I’m not super optimistic at this point.

C should have similar consistency issues but there will be bodies to run through. I’m guessing Marek gets first crack unless BS gets his health back. Edwards can be the 3rd man through initially, and possibly JBA, though he seems like a F to me. But, we should at least be able to cobble together some offensive production here and there.

I just don’t have the faith that the offensive system will be good enough unless we find dynamic PG play. This doesn’t look like a team capable of excelling at iso ball, so how much improvement will we see? How much worse will the D be with so many fresh faces and really no shotblocking presence? I just think this is going to be a major transition year and I hope JB adjusts how we play offensively.

So... who would y'all rather have next year: Brissett or Duruji?
Keeping in mind the potential that Guerrier takes Brissett's minutes, and Duruji is depth, so it's not just a Duruji for Brissett swap exactly. Or... maybe it is. He's got some experience at this level... I'm conflicted. I think Brissett still has the capacity to up his game and be very, very good. But, i think it's equally likely that he we get the same guy as 18-19, and that Guerrier would be equally as productive or more efficient.
duruji is a traditional xfer who would have to sit a year so he wouldn't play next season anyway

if he comes, he becomes part of the carey/buddy/braswell class for their final 2 seasons

who is edwards?
D7BF7A9A-D50D-4426-82A4-D0E5DD6F073C.gif

Yes, this is basically the most likely scenario.

I also think QG will be a surprise impact frosh and very likely be 1 and done. That will open 2 scholarships for next year.

I don't think Guerrier is a one-and-done. I like his game a lot; he's strong, he's versatile, he can shoot, he can drive. But he's not going to overpower US college players, just like Oshae didn't overpower US college players after doing so north of the border. Guerrier has more game than Brissett, in my opinion, and is close to him as a rebounder. If only we had a center who could rebound.

I thought Buddy was technically non-scholly because dad is an employee of the University and therefore Buddy attends school gratis.

That is an available loophole, that the Boeheim’s close not to use. Yet.

Buddy is currently on a full athletic scholarship.

The Italy trip couldn't come at a better time. Great opportunity to answer a lot of questions and build some stability in the rotation particularly with the early ACC games staring us in the face. Need to take care of business in the non-conference. Can't afford another Old Dominion, UConn, Buffalo series of losses. Had we won those three games we probably would have been looking at a top 6 seed.

I think it is tuition free, not totally free.
Of course that cost is minimal for the JBs

We are officially out of scholarships for 2019-20, unless we have an as of yet unannounced departure. Of course Brissett may have one foot out the door, but they aren't both out yet.

1. Sidibe
2. Brissett
3. Dolezaj
4. Washington
5. Hughes
6. Carey
7. Boeheim
8. Braswell
9. Goodine
10. Girard
11. Guerrier
12. Ajak
13. Edwards

Nothing more.
95 percent sure this will not be the roster

duruji is a traditional xfer who would have to sit a year so he wouldn't play next season anyway

if he comes, he becomes part of the carey/buddy/braswell class for their final 2 seasons
Oops. Right. Thanks...

I think it is tuition free, not totally free.
Of course that cost is minimal for the JBs

I believe it's a sliding scale based on your salary.

If you're a janitor, your kid goes for next to nothing.

If you're at JB's end of the salary spectrum, you'll be writing a check.

I believe it's a sliding scale based on your salary.

If you're a janitor, your kid goes for next to nothing.

If you're at JB's end of the salary spectrum, you'll be writing a check.

Correct. For JB he’d be at the 90% scale (salary > $100,000). So he’d pay about $4300 for tuition plus about $20000 for room, board, fees, etc. including books it’s about $25000 per year.

Correct. For JB he’d be at the 90% scale (salary > $100,000). So he’d pay about $4300 for tuition plus about $20000 for room, board, fees, etc. including books it’s about $25000 per year.

I’m sure that if JB went that route - and I hope he does, if we can bring in another impact player - that he will also coincidentally get some sort of “cost of living raise” that happens to be for a remarkably similar amount. ;)

Hell - we live in a world where Andre Drummond “walked on” at UConn. :rolleyes:

This would be 144% more legit than that.

I’m sure that if JB went that route - and I hope he does, if we can bring in another impact player - that he will also coincidentally get some sort of “cost of living raise” that happens to be for a remarkably similar amount. ;)

Hell - we live in a world where Andre Drummond “walked on” at UConn. :rolleyes:

This would be 144% more legit than that.

I dont think the university would even have to hide it. Boom! $25k longevity bonus. However, we are syracuse, so the boogeyman might find someway to punish us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom