Schools with Top Ten coaches in both football and bball | Syracusefan.com

Schools with Top Ten coaches in both football and bball

richmondcuse03

All Conference
Athletic Q&A with Mandel...sneaks Syracuse in at number 9. How far we’ve come. Love Dino.

Mandel’s Mailbag: How far are we from another round of...

4A753F18-D7E1-456F-87DE-2A1D26B6BDBF.png
4A753F18-D7E1-456F-87DE-2A1D26B6BDBF.png

I'd imagine Michigan is in the top five.

dino and Stoops riding pretty high after 1 solid yr each

Was it “Coach K” becuase like me he has no idea how to spell it and too lazy to look it up.

I'd imagine Michigan is in the top five.

Not until Harbaugh beats the tOSU, the only game that matters to big blue alums, right NASA?

Not until Harbaugh beats the tOSU, the only game that matters to big blue alums, right NASA?
He is (probably moreso because of the b-ball program these days). List really emphasizes how few schools are consistently good (or have good coaches) in both sports.

Couldn’t be happier with Dino.

Calipari drags Kentucky down.

How can TCU be on there? Dixon’s done nothing at tcu.

um, you do realize that TCU has been a hoops dumpster fire for years and that was mostly when they were in a far inferior conference? that's like saying Babers has done nothing because he had one good year and two sucky ones. he walked into a dumpster fire just like Dixon. I am sure TCU would like more than 1 NCAA and 2 NITs but by their standards and what he inherited, the guy has done a good job. he took over a 12-21 team and one that had gone 50-79 since joining the Big 12

um, you do realize that TCU has been a hoops dumpster fire for years and that was mostly when they were in a far inferior conference? that's like saying Babers has done nothing because he had one good year and two sucky ones. he walked into a dumpster fire just like Dixon. I am sure TCU would like more than 1 NCAA and 2 NITs but by their standards and what he inherited, the guy has done a good job. he took over a 12-21 team and one that had gone 50-79 since joining the Big 12

Completely disagree that tcu should be on that list because of Dixon. I’d say the same thing about SU if this was 2 years ago and Babers had nothing to show for it. Different story now for Babers and SU. Even his last 2 years at Pitt were an nit and first round ncst loss. Average doesn’t cut it.

Completely disagree that tcu should be on that list because of Dixon. I’d say the same thing about SU if this was 2 years ago and Babers had nothing to show for it. Different story now for Babers and SU. Even his last 2 years at Pitt we’re an nit and first round ncst loss. Average doesn’t cut it.

He's getting credit for what he did at Pitt too. Just like Jimbo is for FSU.

But it doesn't matter, it looks like UCLA is going back to the boring Pitt well for Dixon now.

So they can replace TCU with Washington.

Completely disagree that tcu should be on that list because of Dixon. I’d say the same thing about SU if this was 2 years ago and Babers had nothing to show for it. Different story now for Babers and SU. Even his last 2 years at Pitt were an nit and first round ncst loss. Average doesn’t cut it.

not arguing for them being in the top 10, arguing that Dixon, while not being a godsend there, has done a better job than people think based on the circumstances.

dino and Stoops riding pretty high after 1 solid yr each

In Dino's defense, he was very successful at 2 different MAC schools, and gets a lot of credit for developing an NFL QB in this offense. He's not a "one year wonder". He beat Clemson 2 years ago, and Va Tech the year before while rebuilding a team whose QB got hurt every year. And before that, of course, was at the very top of the MAC for 4 years as a head coach. The MAC is rightful known as the birthplace of coaches.

He's getting credit for what he did at Pitt too. Just like Jimbo is for FSU.

But it doesn't matter, it looks like UCLA is going back to the boring Pitt well for Dixon now.

So they can replace TCU with Washington.

Pac-12 is very weak league. He is likely to recruit better in LA than any other place he's been before.
He is a fundamentally sound coach. They will be difficult to beat, like a Boeheim defense.
But he's likely to get those elite offensive talents to come to UCLA that are hard to get to come to Pitt or TCU. I don't get why people don't think he can succeed there. He's a very good coach, when it comes to X's and O's. I don't think anybody can argue with that.