Schwarz just thew out a dagger... | Syracusefan.com

Schwarz just thew out a dagger...

jr4750

All American
Saying Davis's account was consistent from 8 years ago till today... Almost like an FU to those who may be denying the truth behind these accusations. Not sure that is impartial journalism, and almost seemed to be more a defense of his story than a credible bit of information...

It is easy to convince yourself your own lie is true ... it becomes reality

Rehearse it enough times over eight years and I'm sure there will be some consistency to it. But regardless, it's hard for me not to scoff at anything that comes out of Schwartz's mouth anyway.

Shwartz has to go all in at this point, even though the story is false.

Consistent, or rehearsed?
How could Schwarz know that is was 100% consistent unless he kept tape of his previous interview. The fact that he argues he was brought on trips and stayed in hotel rooms is not a hard thing to rehash.

What do you think he's going to say? "Oh, wait this has already been investigated and f... my story. Sorry"

It's probably mostly consistent even if it's all a lie. Where Davis would get caught in a lie is in screwing up some small detail

Saying Davis's account was consistent from 8 years ago till today... Almost like an FU to those who may be denying the truth behind these accusations. Not sure that is impartial journalism, and almost seemed to be more a defense of his story than a credible bit of information...

Yeah, with how hard he's still pushing the story this morning his career is on the line. He doesn't seem to be able to back up and look at the stuff he's saying like a journalist anymore. Who knows, maybe I'll be totally wrong and this story may be true...but when the best you've got so far this AM is a veiled accusation that JB is a pedophile, too; and that a guy is credible because he can remember the story he told you eight years ago, it's starting to look like you jumped the gun.

Schwartz is now all in as is JB.

Yeah, with how hard he's still pushing the story this morning his career is on the line. He doesn't seem to be able to back up and look at the stuff he's saying like a journalist anymore. Who knows, maybe I'll be totally wrong and this story may be true...but when the best you've got so far this AM is a veiled accusation that JB is a pedophile, too; and that a guy is credible because he can remember the story he told you eight years ago, it's starting to look like you jumped the gun.

I'm behind the story a bit, there is an accusation against JB as well?

I'm behind the story a bit, there is an accusation against JB as well?
No JB allegation.

But definitely stated that JB saw him in Fine's room many times, insinuating that JB knew or would have been stupid not to know.

No JB allegation.

But definitely stated that JB saw him in Fine's room many times, insinuating that JB knew or would have been stupid not to know.
That was a risky strategy by Davis to bring JB into this that way, regardless of what he thought JB knew. It weakens his case, right or wrong when JB stands on his soapbox and says that is a flat out lie. Schwartz saying the story is the same from 8 years ago, never talked to JB then, or at the very least had a statement from the university either.

It's probably mostly consistent even if it's all a lie. Where Davis would get caught in a lie is in screwing up some small detail
There have been precious few. Just random references to rooms, leg touching, etc. Wonder if there is any way to prove he wasnt in Nawlins or Maui.

There have been precious few. Just random references to rooms, leg touching, etc. Wonder if there is any way to prove he wasnt in Nawlins or Maui.
Thought about that as well... When I traveled with the team we were obviously assigned tickets although when we flew on a chartered plane those tickets were never assigned specific seats. If Davis lied about even being in those places than he would be completely stupid. Odds are he was there, but whether he was groped cannot be proven for certain either way.

No JB allegation.

Which JB denies.

A tidbit that Schwartz failed to mention.

No JB allegation.

If BF isn't a pedophile, and JB isn't a pedophile, and JB has no reason to think BF is a pedophile, then why would any of that look suspicious? It wouldn't, it would look like BF is a really good guy and treating the ball boy as if he's one of his own children and doing nice things for him that most children wouldnt have the opportunity to do.

Telling the same lie for 8 years in a row doesn't make it truth. The fact that this came out in 2003 when we won the national championship, and now again right after the PSU thing makes it look like a money grab. The fact that his step brother is the one that is now going along with his story is suspect as well.

I haven't seen anyone reporting on the background on the accuser or his step brother. Anyone seen any articles that would confirm or damage their credibility?

The fact that this came out in 2003 when we won the national championship, and now again right after the PSU thing makes it look like a money grab.
Did this come out before or after the NC was won, do we know for sure?

Did this come out before or after the NC was won, do we know for sure?

According to the PS article he told people in 2001-02 and called it in to the police in 2002.

In 2001 and 2002, Davis said, he confided to two female friends and another man at the time. Davis said he telephoned Syracuse police in mid-2002 and told a sex crimes investigator what Fine did. He said police never contacted him after that.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/bernie_fine.html

Was expecting Schwarz to be wholly objective in answering questions on Mike&Mike---even, so be it, if it helped build the case vs. Fine--- but I was disappointed.
Asked about the denials from the other so-called victims (that Davis had identified and that the school/police had spoken with then), he said--before he answered the question--that you have to understand the anti-molestation reporting culture of the time. Meaning that the other victims' denials were non-credible. That's not unbiased reporting, that's commentary.

Re: Schwartz saying that Davis' accounts have remained consistent over the past 8 years...

Is this Schwartz' way of saying "If this guy turns out to be a fraud, don't blame me. He sounded believeable". ???

Is this Schwartz' way of saying "If this guy turns out to be a fraud, don't blame me. He sounded believeable". ???

I think Schwartz is totally convinced he's got the story right. I'm not sure he grasps that at this point, either Boeheim & Fine OR Schwartz are going to be unemployed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom