Scoop Sucks* | Syracusefan.com

Scoop Sucks*

...at being consistent with his game. Today he was fantastic, and hit some really big shots for us...pretty much took the game from a close one to a blowout. Huge.

And then he will have games where he fires the ball off the backboard trying to throw an ill advised alley-oop and everyone tries to figure out what just happened...was it a pass or a line-drive shot? But today? Fantastic. Happy for him and Cuse. Big win!

Tell me your joking.
8-9 from the field 6 assists. Maybe two turnovers to go with it. 0 fouls a steal and 2 rebounds.

Hes got to stop pushing passes for highlight reels that have less then a 90% chance of being finished though. Outside of that he is fine.

Yeah, did anyone else see in the time out after the ill-advised alley-oop to Waiters, you could see Boeheim clearly yelling at Scoop "It wasn't there!".
I LOL'd because I just yelled the same thing at the TV

Scoop is a 5th year Senior...he will be judged by only one thing this season, as the leader and PG of this team...how we finish in March.

Tell me your joking.
8-9 from the field 6 assists. Maybe two turnovers to go with it. 0 fouls a steal and 2 rebounds.

Hes got to stop pushing passes for highlight reels that have less then a 90% chance of being finished though. Outside of that he is fine.

He was joking.

Scoop sucks... at missing big shots and losing games.

Yeah pretty sure the OP was kidding. Anyone know what our record is with Scoop as a starter? Gotta be something obsurd.

...the life out of Blaney's bonechewers

I'll take a huge leap of faith here and say the OP wasn't merely kidding, but flat out swatting down the folks who don't think highly of Scoop.

Absolute bum. Worthless. Shouldn't even be playing. Ever. We would have won by 40+ if JB put BT or MCW in there in the 2nd half.

Scoop is a 5th year Senior...he will be judged by only one thing this season, as the leader and PG of this team...how we finish in March.
Sure, and it would be too much to credit him with a great game today, wouldn't it?

Scoop was freaking fantastic today baby! Those 2 late game 3's pretty much kicked the Huskies in the doggie groin. It was over after that. Really big brassy shots!

amazing game...and Scoop and CJ were the leaders of the team...that is how we want Scoop to play...and our expectations are he will!

amazing game...and Scoop and CJ were the leaders of the team...that is how we want Scoop to play...and our expectations are he will!
Don't worry he will screw up soon enough and JB will leave him in the game no matter how he plays. That said this one of the best games of his career like I said in an earlier thread JB needs feel the flow of the game and go with whose playing well. Today his ordained played very well

Scoop sucks... at missing big shots and losing games.

Yeah pretty sure the OP was kidding. Anyone know what our record is with Scoop as a starter? Gotta be something obsurd.
Same record as the reserves while sitting. That said today he was incredible and Scoop has had mostly good Scoop games this year.

These threads are dumb because Scoop was great today (and has been pretty good most of the time). But then he'll play like crap and the other half of the fan base will come out. Scoop is both underrated and overrated. He can go from one extreme to the other from game to game and even half to half. He is our Cybil.

Sent from my DROIDX

T Scoop is both underrated and overrated. He can go from one extreme to the other from game to game and even half to half. He is our Cybil.

Sent from my DROIDX
I would say he can go from one extreme to the other on consecutive possessions.

Scoop had a horrible allie oop attempt and some defensive mistakes but he completely killed Uconn in our half court offense especially in the second half. One of his best half court offensive games ever IMO. Great exicution by Scoop in the half court!!!!

These threads are dumb because Scoop was great today (and has been pretty good most of the time). But then he'll play like crap and the other half of the fan base will come out. Scoop is both underrated and overrated. He can go from one extreme to the other from game to game and even half to half. He is our Cybil.

Sent from my DROIDX

Agree wholeheartedly with the first part -- terrific game for scoop but one game does not a season or a player make. I take issue with the second part -- I'm not really sure how Scoop is overrated in that I don't feel there is much sentiment that he should be an all-american or even first or second team all-big east. I could be wrong but I think the support for Scoop is mostly aligned with my opinion of him which is he's a good player who has been an integral part of a remarkable era of syracuse hoops (the last three years). I'm not really sure where he ranks among all-time Orange guards (though his numbers suggests he should be in the discussion among some of the better PGs -- not Sherm, of course) but I'm also not concerned with that. The guy is a good player and the primary point guard on a team that is first in the nation in turnover margin and second in assist:TO ratio and yet, for many here, he basically blows.

...at being consistent with his game. Today he was fantastic, and hit some really big shots for us...pretty much took the game from a close one to a blowout. Huge.

And then he will have games where he fires the ball off the backboard trying to throw an ill advised alley-oop and everyone tries to figure out what just happened...was it a pass or a line-drive shot? But today? Fantastic. Happy for him and Cuse. Big win!

So...now what? Is there supposed to be a "Scoop Sucks**" post in response to his 1st half of Louisville game play that is literal, instead of mocking, like "Scoop Sucks*"? This is all so confusing...

Nobody hitting outside shots no isloation threat in the post Fair 0 points midrante and our forwards not attacking the rim in the first half = low scoring.
Big thing is he isn't turning the ball over.

Playing smart basketball even if we had a rough shooting first half. Great Defense as well. Taking spots on the floor away from Louisville.
I give them huge props for that.
Thets go cuse!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom