Scoop...... | Syracusefan.com

Scoop......

newmexicuse

All Conference
I hate to oversimplify, but I think a big part of the reason for his slow start is simply conditioning. Unlike Dion & Melo, he still looks just a wee bit pudgy & he did not come back leaner, meaner, and faster.

Hopefully his conditioning improves as we work into the season.

One might have thought that if Dion was working out over the summer that Scoop would have been right there with him...I guess not.

Wasn't Scoop playing on a USA team?

I guess he spent a little too much time sampling European desserts while riding the pine with that team during his summer.

my recognition from the World Games, as I followed the box scores closely for both Melo and Scoop...seemed to indicate that Scoop was not playing much in each game...less than 20 minutes with some games around 12-15. Now box scores dont tell how someone played, but one would presume if he played well he would get more time.

...I also think he looks slow...not bringing the ball up quickly with fast decision making...he is pounding the ball too much and doing his circular dribbling...both Dion and Triche pass faster and get more players involved with touching as the ball is moving faster.

If he came in out of shape to a team loaded at guard, he's a complete idiot. On top of that, he is a senior and supposedly a leader by example. Shameful, if true.

Herd to buy he is out of shape. He was at basically every big camp this summer and tried out then played for team USA. I am hoping Scoop has a big game against Stanford. He's been handling it well so far but it probably won't be good for morale if he keeps playing relatively few minutes.

...Scoop and any other player this year will play according to performance and need...JB, maybe for the first time in a number of seasons, is not playing favorites for time on court and is willing to go deep on bench...but if you do not add quality minutes and play quickly he has the depth to change the combos.

Scoop looks like Scoop. It's just that Dion is playing great and BT had a great game. Dion will steal minutes all year.

lol! Scoop is not out of shape at all, he is simply not the athlete that Brandon and Dion are! That said being said he is the best guard we have at feeding the post and getting the bigs involved, and when he forgets that and shoots to much there is a seat for him on the bench.

Can't we just happy that we won the game and not try to find someone to criticize? There's no reason to poop on Scoop.

Can't we just happy that we won the game and not try to find someone to criticize? There's no reason to poop on Scoop.

Sorry you feel that my observation was a "poop on Scoop." Over the years I have very consistantly been a big Scoop supporter. Unlike most others here, the fact is , that I am not yet willing to say that against the better teams that our best backcourt will turn out to be Dion and Brandon. The jury is still out on that topic in my mind.

My post was simply an attempt to explain why Scoop has not started out that well this season. I happen to think that Scoop is the best ball handler & passer on the team, and I both hope and anticipate that he will steadily play better as the season progresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom