Scoop's FT% | Syracusefan.com

Scoop's FT%

SBU72

All Conference
I had previously looked up Scoops FT% for his carreer and ESPN had the graphic last night. Now I went back to confirm it. As his shooting % has gone up with his "improved" shooting stroke, his FT has gone down. Shooting % = .467/.489/.415/.510 Ft% = .829/.750/.664/.512 So while he has gained in one area he has lost in anther.

It defies logic. Is it just lost confidence in FT shooting? Failure to concentrate on a rhythm and routine? Just weird.

He does not look like he is concentrating on his rhythm--just flinging it.

unfortunately like so many SU players once it gets between the ears it's almost impossible to fix.

I had previously looked up Scoops FT% for his carreer and ESPN had the graphic last night. Now I went back to confirm it. As his shooting % has gone up with his "improved" shooting stroke, his FT has gone down. Shooting % = .467/.489/.415/.510 Ft% = .829/.750/.664/.512 So while he has gained in one area he has lost in anther.
eh, I tend to discount this trend. Isn't he playing more minutes now? Fatigue can be a factor in his FT stroke. Also, we are only half way through the season, and this years number can (and I suspect will) go up from here.

Knowing Scoop, he isn't happy with it either, so he will work on it and still hit the key ones late in a game or 2 to make us forget about the rate.

it's definitely not the minutes. 20/22/32/23 avg. played by yr.

His decline from 83% TO 51% during his career is just the inevitable effect of being in Syracuse. Actually he probably has concentrated on improving other aspects of his game while neglecting practice on his FTs. I've always felt that JB doesn't think FT shooting is that important, doesn't demand improvement or a decent level, and so the kids don't work on it much. Though this team has been reasonably good until last night.

And every time it gets brought up, we hear the quote, "I'll make them when I need to."

I can't stand that. 2 free throws at the beginning of the game can be just as important as 2 at the end.

eh, I tend to discount this trend. Isn't he playing more minutes now? Fatigue can be a factor in his FT stroke. Also, we are only half way through the season, and this years number can (and I suspect will) go up from here.

Knowing Scoop, he isn't happy with it either, so he will work on it and still hit the key ones late in a game or 2 to make us forget about the rate.
1) his minutes are down from last year
2) the season is 2/3rds over
3) the whole make them when it counts BS is just that BS, they all count in make your free throws

Scoop needs to spend some extra time after practice on FTs

His decline from 83% TO 51% during his career is just the inevitable effect of being in Syracuse. Actually he probably has concentrated on improving other aspects of his game while neglecting practice on his FTs. I've always felt that JB doesn't think FT shooting is that important, doesn't demand improvement or a decent level, and so the kids don't work on it much. Though this team has been reasonably good until last night.

This.

And every time it gets brought up, we hear the quote, "I'll make them when I need to."

I can't stand that. 2 free throws at the beginning of the game can be just as important as 2 at the end.
That's no different than when Marrone's game plan is that the offense can maybe win it in the 4th quarter.

Plus last night who was shooting them fairly late in the 2nd half and only made one. That's not exactly "making them when it counts".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom