Scoop's turnover and Brandon's missed FT's killed momentum... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Scoop's turnover and Brandon's missed FT's killed momentum...

KJ Missed FT's/Fab Missed FT's James took a 30' Jumper on the comeback with no one under the Boards Fair/Scoop/KJ didn't show up waiters threw it away equal opportunity loss

Triche is normally good at the line late I games it's dion and Scoop that aren't.

I used to think that but I'm not sure it's really true. It seems like he actually shoots about 50% in late game situations. He's money early on but he doesn't seem...at least lately...to be clutch near the end of games. Whenever he gets fouled late, I usually think "cool...Triche is money." But lately I notice that it seems like he makes only one out of two...and last night he missed both crucial FT's.

For a guy who shows little emotion on the outside, I think that Brandon keeps a ton bottled up inside. It seems to affect him a lot and Uncle Howard has more or less referred to that same thing.

You definitely don't want Scoop on the line at the end but Dion can sometimes deliver the goods...he's up and down though. I'm at the point where I hold my breath whenever one of our guards has to go to the line in late game situations, Brandon included.

if we make those FT's and Scoops doesn't brain fart in traffic we come back.

The problem is that we dug too deep a hole for ourselves. We still hung 45 points on Cincy in the second half but when the hole gets too deep, any flaw in the comeback will kill you...and there are ALWAYS flaws

Here's the reality of life today in college basketball. 20 years ago, having seniors on your team was like holding a winning lottery ticket, in today's era, having seniors on the team, mean you have players who aren't good enough to make the NBA. I know that's harsh, but its the truth.

Calling Mr. Triche and Mr. Southerland...Mr. Triche and Mr. Southerland to the white courtesy phone...

Triche is by far our best ft shooter especially late in games. You look it up! It's not even close

"Especially late in games"? "Not even close"?

Again, you contradict several people on here with a baseless claim and no statistics. Again, you fail.

Please, give us a number. We've told you that Triche is shooting a little over 50% from the line in the last two minutes of games this year. If you cannot find a statistic that tells us otherwise, you're wrong (as usual).

Triche is by far our best ft shooter especially late in games. You look it up! It's not even close

Actually, I did look it up and over the past 6 games, in free throws in the last 5 min, Brandon is 1 for 6.

I thought he was closer to 50% but in fact he has the lowest percentage of any player taking FT's in the last 5 min over that 6 game span.

He's a good FT shooter on average but he is not clutch at crunch time. Or he certainly hasn't been over the last month.

"Especially late in games"? "Not even close"?

Again, you contradict several people on here with a baseless claim and no statistics. Again, you fail. Ok you win Triche sucks at the line at the end of games. He's awful has been his whole career. What a choker! We need dion at 69% to save the day. I think he's actually about 95% in the last 5 minutes though.

Please, give us a number. We've told you that Triche is shooting a little over 50% from the line in the last two minutes of games this year. If you cannot find a statistic that tells us otherwise, you're wrong (as usual).

Recently he hasn't been his normal self. Thferret of this year and his career as whole he has been excellent. The best on the team period.

Good post...If we play like we did tonight..I could see an 8/9 seed beat us. Cincy had the luck with them tonight...several no calls, 50/50 calls and fortunate bounces went their way. A couple early banked 3's really helped.

I think you are underestimating how bad the 8/9 seeds are.

KJ ZERO rebounds in 33 minutes. Didn't some famous coach once say that a dead man under the basket could get 1 rebound.

I do think it was Boeheim's best line ever actually.

Actually, I did look it up and over the past 6 games, in free throws in the last 5 min, Brandon is 1 for 6.

I thought he was closer to 50% but in fact he has the lowest percentage of any player taking FT's in the last 5 min over that 6 game span.

He's a good FT shooter on average but he is not clutch at crunch time. Or he certainly hasn't been over the last month.

If I am being honest...I dont think there was one thing he did well last night (Triche). He wasnt alone, but he couldnt shoot (wide open), dribble, pass, defend.

If I am being honest...I dont think there was one thing he did well last night (Triche). He wasnt alone, but he couldnt shoot (wide open), dribble, pass, defend.

I don't think he looked that bad in the first half but he struggled shooting all night. As you say, he was not alone. Nobody but Dion had a really good game.

I think you are underestimating how bad the 8/9 seeds are.

You do realize that both UConn and Cincy were estimated to be 8/9 seeds right?

Those were not easy games. I can't believe how many are calling the first two games cupcakes.

[quoYeah, tte="PhatOrange, post: 220826, member: 229"]you're right and to date almost every time he puts the ball on the floor bad things happen.

his biggest problem as a player though is he just doesn't have the killer instinct. you give him dion's mentality/instinct and he's a first team all american. though he'd still have to find a handle but he plays soft and always has, it's who he is.[/quote] yeah, your right. I wish that we hadn't cut that guy that was in Kris uniform during the Gtown game. He is way better than KJo. We could have used him to make a clutch basket against UCONN, too.

I think u quoted the wrong post... I was talking about kris Jo rebounding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom