Scoop's turnover and Brandon's missed FT's killed momentum... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scoop's turnover and Brandon's missed FT's killed momentum...

Good post.

Brandon had so much spin on those freethrows they spun out. To much spin Brandon you don't need 8 rotations on a freethrow.
9-16 from the freethrow line 56% and a few turnovers defenetly made the difference.
Good teams stall the game in their minds when shooting free throws. Gates was a perfect example of that tonight.

This game was down to the last possesion though. We eventually battled back. :D

Here's the reality of life today in college basketball. 20 years ago, having seniors on your team was like holding a winning lottery ticket, in today's era, having seniors on the team, mean you have players who aren't good enough to make the NBA. I know that's harsh, but its the truth.

Agree and will up it one.
Cincy's seniority was huge tonight.

There are about twenty things you could point to and blame. The defense that has carried us in these types of games all year wasn't as good as normal. On three separate occasions Joseph left a three point shooter to attempt a high trap for no apparent reason. Waiters tried to fire a pass through the chest of a defender and then Triche throws an unnecessary no look pass directly to a defender and how may times did Melo make bad passes? With all this being said we lost by 3 and had a chance to win at the end.

Really Cincy shooting 8-10 to begin from threes was what really killed us and I would venture to say at least half of those made threes were against pretty good defense. As much as I hate Digger he summed up the first half pretty well. We started to play pretty good defense and held Cincy to 1-2 baskets for the last 6-7 minutes of the half, but only cut a 17 point lead to 12.

I am not panicking but if we play like this past the second round of the NCAAs we are going to be in some battles.

There are about twenty things you could point to and blame. The defense that has carried us in these types of games all year wasn't as good as normal. On three separate occasions Joseph left a three point shooter to attempt a high trap for no apparent reason. Waiters tried to fire a pass through the chest of a defender and then Triche throws an unnecessary no look pass directly to a defender and how may times did Melo make bad passes? With all this being said we lost by 3 and had a chance to win at the end.

Really Cincy shooting 8-10 to begin from threes was what really killed us and I would venture to say at least half of those made threes were against pretty good defense. As much as I hate Digger he summed up the first half pretty well. We started to play pretty good defense and held Cincy to 1-2 baskets for the last 6-7 minutes of the half, but only cut a 17 point lead to 12.

I am not panicking but if we play like this past the second round of the NCAAs we are going to be in some battles.

Good post...If we play like we did tonight..I could see an 8/9 seed beat us. Cincy had the luck with them tonight...several no calls, 50/50 calls and fortunate bounces went their way. A couple early banked 3's really helped.

Here's the reality of life today in college basketball. 20 years ago, having seniors on your team was like holding a winning lottery ticket, in today's era, having seniors on the team, mean you have players who aren't good enough to make the NBA. I know that's harsh, but its the truth.
Exactly Jake! That's why you play your pg that you think will be a high NBA pick. You don't play a decent college pg because he's more experienced.

We can analyze all night why we lost this game but we didn't lose it. Cincy won it. If you look at the box score you'll see most of the stats were very close. Cincy came out and knocked us on our asses and we never fully recovered. They deserve credit for coming in with a perfect game plan, hitting their shots and making plays when they needed to. It's not the end of the world, we won the regular season which means more to me than the BET. Sure I'd like to win the BET too but it wasn't in the cards this year. Oh well, let's get ready for the big dance!

This game reminded me of the Rhode Island NCAA game in 1988
Actually, quite a few end of season games for me, but the one that immediately came to mind was last year's Marquette game.

Lol80%

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Exactly Jake! That's why you play your pg that you think will be a high NBA pick. You don't play a decent college pg because he's more experienced.
With scoop and KJO we are 31-2. MCW will get his chance. Let's see if his teams can go 31-2. I hope so.

total choke job by triche.

If dion didn't play out of his mind, we would have lost by 15.

I'll take Triche and his missed FTs over Joseph's timid and listless play these past 2 nights.

Yup. I worry about Brandon at the line in late game situations. He thinks too much and tenses up.

KJ ZERO rebounds in 33 minutes. Didn't some famous coach once say that a dead man under the basket could get 1 rebound.

Yup. I worry about Brandon at the line in late game situations. He thinks too much and tenses up.
Triche is normally good at the line late I games it's dion and Scoop that aren't.

On three separate occasions Joseph left a three point shooter to attempt a high trap for no apparent reason.

And if hes gonna go trap high you have to commit and go HARD!! On two occasions he kind of wandered towards the trap. It was infuriating cuz he did it twice.

Joseph just isn't a good player.
There is DISTINCT difference between having a bad game and being a bad player. I know that ai haven't posted too often, and with all due respect, but where the hell have you been for the last four years? I'd take Kris Joseph in my team anytime, anywhere...

Triche is normally good at the line late I games it's dion and Scoop that aren't.

You're a huge fan of making things up. It must be great fun to make bold statements without actually watching the games.

Triche is a 50% shooter in late-game situations.

You're a huge fan of making things up. It must be great fun to make bold statements without actually watching the games.

Triche is a 50% shooter in late-game situations.
No my friend its you that hasn't watched the games. Triche is the best ft shooter on the team and is normally ice at the line in clutch situations. Frankly except for the past 2 games dion has missed everything. Late in games. Nice try though dude

No my friend its you that hasn't watched the games. Triche is the best ft shooter on the team and is normally ice at the line in clutch situations. Frankly except for the past 2 games dion has missed everything. Late in games. Nice try though dude

Look up his numbers in the last two minutes of games.

Further, just stop contradicting people with your stupid nonsense. It's obvious that you don't watch games carefully; you constantly fabricate ridiculous things and argue about them.

you're right and to date almost every time he puts the ball on the floor bad things happen.

his biggest problem as a player though is he just doesn't have the killer instinct. you give him dion's mentality/instinct and he's a first team all american. though he'd still have to find a handle but he plays soft and always has, it's who he is.

There is nothing worse than kjo getting the ball and holding it and then dribbling backwards a few feet... You just know, the ball is destined to be turned over in the 5 seconds when he decides to make his move forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom