Scoring points is more fun | Syracusefan.com

Scoring points is more fun

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
It's pretty cool to root for a team that didn't have a good game offensively and still scored 34 points against a top 25 team.

I mean, 34 points in seasons past would be a high water mark. Now I'm like, eh, they left some points out on the field, gives us something to work on I guess.

How sweet it is.

It is amazing that we can get 400+ yards, score 34 points, etc. and feel like we had a "poor" offensive showing. Long overdue, and validation for the many fans on this forum who were calling for SU to commit to this type of offensive philosophy for a decade-plus before we made the best hire we could have possibly made.

Love it. And our personnel aren't anywhere close to optimized yet.

I was getting pretty tired listening to the announcers last night pumping up wvu as the high scoring air raid offense, while describing SU as a power team. Made SU sound like slugs. WVU is 9th in the nation in offensive scoring. SU is 11th.

I was getting pretty tired listening to the announcers last night pumping up wvu as the high scoring air raid offense, while describing SU as a power team. Made SU sound like slugs. WVU is 9th in the nation in offensive scoring. SU is 11th.
I actually thought it was insightful into Dino’s philosophy.

Next year, if we can run the way Dino wants, with the stable of RBs we’ll have, I’d expect to see a lot of Adams/Jordan/Neal/Howard ripping out the souls of defenses.

My favorite part was when they were talking about the WFVU D coordinator not being worried about guarding our WRs.

Glad he didn't stress over that.

It seemed like such a no brainer...a high scoring, no huddle offense in a....DOME! Who could have imagined?

And if you build that, the wins will follow and attendance will increase (I'm positive attendance will go way up).

Yup, it's a great time to be an Orange football fan again.

It seemed like such a no brainer...a high scoring, no huddle offense in a...DOME! Who could have imagined?
I've said for a long time that we're going to look back on what the various HCs we've had were trying to do on offense playing in a Dome and we'll just wonder what the Hell anyone was thinking.

It is kinda funny. I was thrilled with the win and really didn’t care how it looked. Just wanted 10 wins.

But I won’t lie, there’s a part of me that was kinda disappointed that we only scored 34 points.

Brave new world.
Yeah, I was like, oh, we keep our foot on the gas and we can break 40 again.

I wanted that.

It was almost as if they didn’t research much before this game at all. No mention of SU injuries or players not playing, no mention of players hurt and not returning, no mention of our offensive rankings, no mention of DB’s offensive philosophy, no mention of possibility of breaking CFB single season FG record. I don’t usually complain about announcing but this was one of the worst I’ve ever heard.

It was almost as if they didn’t research much before this game at all. No mention of SU injuries or players not playing, no mention of players hurt and not returning, no mention of our offensive rankings, no mention of DB’s offensive philosophy, no mention of possibility of breaking CFB single season FG record. I don’t usually complain about announcing but this was one of the worst I’ve ever heard.

Agreed. They also waited until very late in the fourth quarter to get in the Dino is Koda Martin’s father in law and Koda lives in his basement and eventual wedding pic. It was dangerously close to the end of the game. I was getting nervous the streak would be broken.

TBH there's a good chance the only thing I ever remember about Koda is that he lived in Babers' basement.

Exactly.

In terms of missing players, if they were just on the Will Grier angle, I’d be ok with them leaving it there.

When they started rattling off the Tackle and two WRs then I’d prefer equal mention of us playing without Williams and Robinson, especially since Alton is one of the best pass rushers in CFB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom