Scott Shafer and Clemson's Dabo Swinney clear the air: 'Me and Dabo get along just fine' (PS) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scott Shafer and Clemson's Dabo Swinney clear the air: 'Me and Dabo get along just fine' (PS)

I thought it was a great decision. SU has had some big 2nd half comebacks in the Dome over the years. There was no real risk, he had a comfortable lead. The reward was that it could be the nail in the coffin.

I get why Shafer was upset. When someone is beating the dog out of you, and nearly keeps it up, I'm sure it's not easy to hold in all the emotion.

When I saw the picture, I wondered if Dabo even knew about it. Or cared. I'm sure he spends a lot more time thinking about Spurrier and Jimbo than he does about Shafer.
I don't even know that Shafer was upset. I think he was excited to "win" something that game. He basically vocalized what most of us were thinking. What he said was not meant for an audience but happened to be picked up by the camera crew.

i don't understand how people are upset about the other coaching making a bad decision

Dabo made a dumb gamble and boy did it make me mad. ???

Because he was being mean and that trumps everything.

I remember being on the other side of that. It was fun.

Because he was being mean and that trumps everything.

I remember being on the other side of that. It was fun.
I don't even think it was mean. It was football.

Honestly I never understood what the big deal was? It was the 2nd quarter, you don't start thinking about the scoreboard until after half time. I had absolutely no problem with his decision, and was pretty PSYCHED by Shafer's reaction.
I don't know how that could have embarrassed you as a fan. I'd much prefer having an emotional coach on the sidelines than the stoic mannered coach.

I don't know how that could have embarrassed you as a fan. I'd much prefer having an emotional coach on the sidelines than the stoic mannered coach.

I didn't mind his reaction at all. He could cuss and swear at whoever he wants I have no problem with that. But the reason behind it was horribly. Think about it our coach was pissed because he thought another coach was trying to run up the score in the 2ND QUARTER!!! Just stop them then! I think he realized that after.

I didn't mind his reaction at all. He could cuss and swear at whoever he wants I have no problem with that. But the reason behind it was horribly. Think about it our coach was pissed because he thought another coach was trying to run up the score in the 2ND QUARTER!!! Just stop them then! I think he realized that after.

The whole display was ridiculous. Other than reacting to an attempt to injure, the head coach needs to be under control and keep his mind clear.

I don't even know that Shafer was upset. I think he was excited to "win" something that game. He basically vocalized what most of us were thinking. What he said was not meant for an audience but happened to be picked up by the camera crew.
Honestly, that was the impression I got, too. He was fired up because his boys stepped up and made a play, and he got a little too exuberant about it. I am probably wrong, maybe he was irked, but to me it looked like "HELL YEAH BOYS, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, DABO!" to me.

This was the part I had a problem with, too. A lot of water under that bridge now, but at the time I wondered about what the SU PLAYERS thought about the coach going nuts because the other team was still trying to score in the 2nd quarter. If you think the other team is running up the score before half time, doesn't that imply that you don't think your team can compete?

I misunderstood. Agree with all that then.