Scott Shafer at DeWitt Rotary luncheon yesterday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scott Shafer at DeWitt Rotary luncheon yesterday

Are you pleased with the selection of Scott Shafer as head coach?

• Yes

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Agreed...publically, SS seems far less guarded than DM.

He also seems to have a better grasp of the PR side of the college game as well. Being raised in a FB family doesn't hurt. Now all we need is another 13 game season.

I think that too. Doug was too aware of PR and always appeared guarded, reserved. While SS seems like he is nervous about it, so he defaults to just being himself. Which is a hard-nosed old-timey coach and comes off more genuine.

<Insert bit about it not at all counting until he wins games and reserving judgement and not hero worshipping>

I think that too. Doug was too aware of PR and always appeared guarded, reserved. While SS seems like he is nervous about it, so he defaults to just being himself. Which is a hard-nosed old-timey coach and comes off more genuine.

<Insert bit about it not at all counting until he wins games and reserving judgement and not hero worshipping>
Hindsight being 20/20, as they say, I think Doug treated the PR side of the job more like an NFL guy would. He always picked his words very carefully and rarely let his guard down or his personality show through.

Many of his interviews, particularly the last couple of years, seemed more like an "us against them" scenario. How many times did we have to listen to him him say "I need to do a better job coaching..." crap last year?

Based on DM's actions and the way he left there's is very little doubt in my mind that SU was simply part of his plan to land in the NFL...and more power to him! He certainly did a great job turning around arguably the worst D1 program in the country, for which we are all very thankful.

SS, on the other hand, appears to be far more comfortable in his own skin than DM does. (Speaking of skin...SS seems to be adorned with a much thicker variety than DM which could be a huge asset.) We all know that he is one heck of a DC, so let's hope that he has assembled a great staff and that he makes some great coaching decisions on game days. Hopefully it translates into a boat load of hard nosed wins and bowl appearances.

For the record I have not said a single thing negative abotu Marrone's leaving SU. That said, I think you are a little off base about why people were/are so upset, simply because I think "genuine personal affection" and Doug Marrone is a big stretch. Even from the beginning Marrone was not a very warm and fuzzy individual. People liked him because he was an SU guy, he brought much needed discipline to the program and the team was no longer an embarrassment and was to an extent successful. However, I expect better than 25-25 and two winning seasons in the next four out of HCSS.
31-19. It's not apples to apples

Hindsight being 20/20, as they say, I think Doug treated the PR side of the job more like an NFL guy would. He always picked his words very carefully and rarely let his guard down or his personality show through.

Many of his interviews, particularly the last couple of years, seemed more like an "us against them" scenario. How many times did we have to listen to him him say "I need to do a better job coaching..." crap last year?

Based on DM's actions and the way he left there's is very little doubt in my mind that SU was simply part of his plan to land in the NFL...and more power to him! He certainly did a great job turning around arguably the worst D1 program in the country, for which we are all very thankful.

SS, on the other hand, appears to be far more comfortable in his own skin than DM does. (Speaking of skin...SS seems to be adorned with a much thicker variety than DM which could be a huge asset.) We all know that he is one heck of a DC, so let's hope that he has assembled a great staff and that he makes some great coaching decisions on game days. Hopefully it translates into a boat load of hard nosed wins and bowl appearances.

Agreed. Doug had a bit of the NFL paranoia about him. SS is just himself. I'm pretty sure he is prone to say something he shouldn't at the worst moment. Pressers will be fun, win or lose.

Thank god for HCSS!! At least HCSS gives us hope instead of dispare from dougie!! Thanks Coach hardnose!! There's got to be a t-shirt made for that. If he wins it will come!!

Thank god for HCSS!! At least HCSS gives us hope instead of dispare from dougie!! Thanks Coach hardnose!! There's got to be a t-shirt made for that. If he wins it will come!!
THERE IT IS. Oh Lord

I am in "dispare" as well...shouldn't there be a hyphen? I had dis-pare of tires that I needed to put on my car or maybe I saw dis-pare of nice b**bs yesterday on Skinemax.

Much better usage.

This is what I think every time he posts:

puto.jpg

Wow...your self aggrandizing has reached yet another level.

No one is less self-aggrandizing than I. I am the very best at not , um, aggrandizing myself.

So since this was a luncheon, did the #hardnosed one lock you all in until you cleaned your plates?

"Eat those damn veggies, son! They'll make you #hardnosed!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom