Scott Shafer's absolute appreciation for the fans | Syracusefan.com

Scott Shafer's absolute appreciation for the fans

CNYCentralCuse

Walk On
First off, hope everyone enjoyed today's events and CNY Central's coverage of the entire week...I'll say this..I need a nap!

Some of you who watched the presser probably caught this but HCSS gave a huge shout to the fans and their increased support since his arrival.

Of course, it was special for me because he gave my brother a shoutout...who some of you like Texan Mark and Orangeyes can attest is as die hard as they come.

I've had several interactions with Scott and his family and can assure you this guy bleeds Orange and I'm so proud to say he's OUR leader. So pumped for August 31..

Here's the link to the clip of him thanking my brother...and the rest of you for your increased support.

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=846846

great stuff Niko, as the saying goes a new day has dawn, and I like the looks of it!

First off, hope everyone enjoyed today's events and CNY Central's coverage of the entire week...I'll say this..I need a nap!

Some of you who watched the presser probably caught this but HCSS gave a huge shout to the fans and their increased support since his arrival.

Of course, it was special for me because he gave my brother a shoutout...who some of you like Texan Mark and Orangeyes can attest is as die hard as they come.

I've had several interactions with Scott and his family and can assure you this guy bleeds Orange and I'm so proud to say he's OUR leader. So pumped for August 31..

Here's the link to the clip of him thanking my brother...and the rest of you for your increased support.

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=846846

That was awesome.

Shafer seems like a real guy who happens to be a football coach. He's going to go over well off the field.

I thought Shafer did a great job in his PC of connecting the city of Syracuse to the University and specifically the football team. I liked Doug for a lot of things he did here, but I never got the idea he connected to the fans or really even tried to. Also, Doug rarely said much about the players and I think it's hard for some fans to connect with the team when they can't become familiar with them. Having all these closed practices, especially in the spring shuts everyone out and they find other things to do. Hopefully, Shafer opens the doors to the fans before he closes them on our opponents.

I thought Shafer did a great job in his PC of connecting the city of Syracuse to the University and specifically the football team. I liked Doug for a lot of things he did here, but I never got the idea he connected to the fans or really even tried to. Also, Doug rarely said much about the players and I think it's hard for some fans to connect with the team when they can't become familiar with them. Having all these closed practices, especially in the spring shuts everyone out and they find other things to do. Hopefully, Shafer opens the doors to the fans before he closes them on our opponents.

They both have a bunker mentality. But whereas Marrone worried about who was outside that bunker, thinking it was the enemy, Shafer knows it is friends and he's gonna pull the fans into the bunker with him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They both have a bunker mentality. But whereas Marrone worried about who was outside that bunker, thinking it was the enemy, Shafer knows it is friends and he's gonna pull the fans into the bunker with him.

LOL - good stuff.

I hope that you are correct. I have the the same impression of HCSS, too.

Dealing with the fans and the media, is part of the job. One that I felt that former HCDM was lacking and had alienated the fans as a result.

I really enjoyed some of HCSS's quotes at his presser and hope that he continues to endear himself to the fans & media, throughout his tenure as Syracuse head football coach.

Mostly, I hope that HCSS can be successful in continuing to restore the great tradition of Syracuse football.

One of the main reasons I really loved that press conference:

“I’ve been lucky enough to have worked with Scott for four years,” said a member of the Syracuse University football family. “And, believe me, that was no show.”

I hope that you are correct. I have the the same impression of HCSS, too.

Dealing with the fans and the media, is part of the job. One that I felt that former HCDM was lacking and had alienated the fans as a result.

I really enjoyed some of HCSS's quotes at his presser and hope that he continues to endear himself to the fans & media, throughout his tenure as Syracuse head football coach.

Mostly, I hope that HCSS can be successful in continuing to restore the great tradition of Syracuse football.

Having seen HCDM speaking in person, and now HCSS, I have to say I think DM was very good speaking. He came across as informed and sincere, passionate about SU, and about his players and his program. SS is good too, just different. He is a little more direct. A little less guarded. A little more excitable. I have no issue with how DM represented SU as the face of the football program. Nor do I with SS. I like both coaches. I'm grateful for what DM accomplished, and excited about where SS can take us.

Having seen HCDM speaking in person, and now HCSS, I have to say I think DM was very good speaking. He came across as informed and sincere, passionate about SU, and about his players and his program. SS is good too, just different. He is a little more direct. A little less guarded. A little more excitable. I have no issue with how DM represented SU as the face of the football program. Nor do I with SS. I like both coaches. I'm grateful for what DM accomplished, and excited about where SS can take us.
I, too, appreciate what Coach DM had accomplished here at SU. He is a very good coach and did an admirable job bringing SU football back from the depths. I do not harbor any hard feelings towards him, for taking a chance on a new opportunity with the Buffalo Bills. I wish him well.

I guess I like people to be more direct, less guarded and a bit more excitable.

I hope HCSS continues the luncheons at Armory Square...lots of good intel in those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom