Scouting the ACC's best NBA Draft prospects | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scouting the ACC's best NBA Draft prospects

I was thinking more Jeff Teague or maybe a Brandon Knight.

I get the Trae thing, but he's in a different universe than Judah. And I hate Trae.
I don't think Judah has Teague/Knight athleticism either (when those guys were this age I mean).

Here’s to hoping our criticism leads to him looking like the second coming of Christ tonight!
The funny thing is I feel like I'm as high on him as anybody here. I've been saying for probably close to a year now that he's the real deal and should score somewhere around 15 points a game as a freshman. He's a really talented dude; he just isn't an elite athlete and that's totally fine. He doesn't need to be to be a really good player for us.

The funny thing is I feel like I'm as high on him as anybody here. I've been saying for probably close to a year now that he's the real deal and should score somewhere around 15 points a game as a freshman. He's a really talented dude; he just isn't an elite athlete and that's totally fine. He doesn't need to be to be a really good player for us.
Completely agree. Think he still needs to learn to be a bit more of a PG, like Silent G did. G had the full year to do so, Mintz only had the summer. A part of me probably also doesn’t want to see another Cuse guy leave slightly early and not make it in the NBA.

I’d also feel better about Jesse scoring 15 a game and Mintz in the 12ppg range with a healthy amt of assits.

I was thinking more Jeff Teague or maybe a Brandon Knight.

I get the Trae thing, but he's in a different universe than Judah. And I hate Trae.
Judah's man D looked like Trae against IUPA, but the rest of his game though good, is clearly not in Trae orbit.

I think the fan analysis OF Judah & his game is going to drive me crazy at times this year, so I’m going to prepare myself (probably still won’t help though);)
Well, no1 is disappointed. High expectations cause over analysis.

I don't think Judah has Teague/Knight athleticism either (when those guys were this age I mean).

We’re those guys considered elite athletes, though?

I never thought they were. No high flying ability. Solid speed, not like Russ or anything.

Maybe I’m mid-remembering. And, at least for Teague, he was ranked in like the 50s I thought. I know Knight was higher.

Judah's man D looked like Trae against IUPA, but the rest of his game though good, is clearly not in Trae orbit.

Love the low key Trae slam in this post. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

My loins are girded.

Mine too!

250px-Battlefield_earth_screencap.jpg

We’re those guys considered elite athletes, though?

I never thought they were. No high flying ability. Solid speed, not like Russ or anything.

Maybe I’m mid-remembering. And, at least for Teague, he was ranked in like the 50s I thought. I know Knight was higher.
My memory is that both of them were known mainly for their speed. Definitely not high-flyers though.

My memory is that both of them were known mainly for their speed. Definitely not high-flyers though.

I remember Teague more from the NBA and I could see Judah being more in that light. Long-tenured NBA guy that has a solid career.

To be clear, I think he'll kill it for us and the pairing with Joe will do really well this year.

This is bound to lead to that annual discussion about what constitutes athleticism and whether Trevor Cooney was actually athletic or not.