Scrapping ACC divisions? Syracuse AD says 2020 season could spark discussion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Scrapping ACC divisions? Syracuse AD says 2020 season could spark discussion

So your telling me that Clemson and FSU, who built ACC football into what it is, have to sit back and let Notre Dame make this important decision for the future of the league?
Yes if the ACC wants ND and decides to go to 16 teams ND will greatly influence who that will be.

No hybrids, please! Please!
If Notre Dame comes in for FB the only hybrid I see is:

Navy FB only
And either Georgetown or Villanova for all other sports as others have mentioned.

No way would I trade NC St for Vandy.
Wake Forest for Vandy yes...NCSt has a real FB fanbase...Vandy is Wake Forest in the SEC.

Last edited:
1596374730568.png

So your telling me that Clemson and FSU, who built ACC football into what it is, have to sit back and let Notre Dame make this important decision for the future of the league?
Probably, which I why I'd rather Clemson and FSU leave the conference...

How do you know that it would bother Clemson and Florida State if Notre Dame’s preference for the 16th team would be an issue.

Clemson and Florida State would make more money. That would be good enough for them.
Plus Notre Dame would give the conference another football program that brings interest.

You just argue to argue that chit gets annoying real fast.

If Notre Dame comes in for FB the only hybrid I see is:

Navy FB only
And either Georgetown or Villanova for all other sports as others have mentioned.

No way would I trade NC St for Vandy.
Wake Forest for Vandy yes...NCSt has a real FB fanbase...Vandy is Wake Forest in the SEC.
The ACC isn’t letting the SEC into NC.
UNC will not let NCSU get out of their shadow.

The SEC likes Vanderbilt in their conference. Nashville is a great city.
Opposing fanbases get a fun road game and take over Vandy’s homefield.
Vanderbilt has the top baseball program in the nation and that matters in the SEC.

They like Vanderbilt. Every conference member doesn’t have to be an elite football program when the conference is full of them.

Reactions: cto
You guys make enough money now that the old threat of the Big XII isn’t happening.
The SEC won’t take Clemson/Florida State.

So it’s try for the Big Ten or status quo.

How do you know that it would bother Clemson and Florida State if Notre Dame’s preference for the 16th team would be an issue.

Clemson and Florida State would make more money. That would be good enough for them.
Plus Notre Dame would give the conference another football program that brings interest.

You just argue to argue that chit gets annoying real fast.
I watched Notre Dame hoodwink the OBE into dissolution and now they are playing the same game with the ACC. I was hoping that when SU left the OBE, ND would be in the rearview mirror.

Wouldn't blame you. If ND and Texas came in they would want to be top dogs.

The trade should be Clemson for Kentucky. Kentucky would fit in great in the ACC and Clemson is the perfect SEC team. football rules the roost so it would never, ever, happen. But imagine the hoops with Kentucky, North Carolina and duke in it? Us, if we get back to what we were (I think we will and soon). Yikes. might be more attractive to ND with a monster like Clemson out of the way.

I watched Notre Dame hoodwink the OBE into dissolution and now they are playing the same game with the ACC. I was hoping that when SU left the OBE, ND would be in the rearview mirror.
ND used the BE for their best non football sports.

The Catholic schools thought ND was with them.
ND isn’t why the Big East dissolved.
Providence and Seton Hall thought ND was with them.

The Big East dissolved because the football programs weren’t going to let their football programs die off into irrelevance to remain in the basketball conference.

Nobody expected ND football to a BE football member they could have helped the football teams schedules but BE leadership never made them put it on paper.

ND’s MO is they care only about themselves.
E
ND isn’t playing the same game with the ACC they have a contract and for this season are scheduled to be a football member.
Not even close to what you said:

ND is unlikely to remain in the ACC football league after this season, so the 14-team league remains. And the 3-5-5 model works beautifully. Play your 3 rivals every year, get the other 10 teams alternate years. Every team visits your stadium every 4-year cycle.

That's completely sensible.

It would be Navy. Other than Texas there is no other team ND would approve.

Navy would be great.

Big 10 has 14 teams.

Big 12 has 10 teams.

SOUTHEASTERN conference has a teams in Texas and Missouri

PACIFIC 12 conference has teams in Colorado and Utah.

I see no reason why the ATLANTIC COAST Conference shouldn’t have schools in Texas and Indiana.

Let’s make it happen.