Scrimmage vs Towson/Bucknell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scrimmage vs Towson/Bucknell

Goalie battle really sounds to be hotting up and it's great to see Wardwell come back fighting! 2 strong goalies is better than one but only one can see the field!
Agreed Woody. I wasn't a big fan of the rotating goalie program. Seemed to work some of the time but... Paraphrasing a football quote - if you have 2 starting goalies you don't have any starting goalies. We'll see which way Desko goes.

You only need to look at Denver last year for the pros and cons of rotating goalies it hurt them In the playoffs, I'm not a big fan of having two in rotation I think for the players they need to know who your starter is and go with it at some point!

Last edited:
Somebody explain for me, why did Daddio take most of the faceoffs? I just don't get it.

Without seeing any of the scrimmage, just reading posts and box score, here are my takeaways:
Good 1. Our offense is dangerous, points will come from all spots.
Good 2. Staats needs to be on the field. He will be our next 1st team AA.
Not Good 1. Faceoffs will be a mess again this year.
Not Good 2. Goalie situation is not settled and neither are the "answer."

Without seeing any of the scrimmage, just reading posts and box score, here are my takeaways:
Good 1. Our offense is dangerous, points will come from all spots.
Good 2. Staats needs to be on the field. He will be our next 1st team AA.
Not Good 1. Faceoffs will be a mess again this year.
Not Good 2. Goalie situation is not settled and neither are the "answer."

I expect Desko to ride the hot hand at Goalie like he did last year. I think the young Frosh is probably the long term answer (Ferrigan) but hes just not ready for primetime yet. If I had to bet my money is on Wardwell, big time recruit in his 3rd year, this is usually when a player will take that next step.

Faceoffs are still a bit of a mystery to me, no idea why we aren't giving Demarco more run. We all know Daddio trys hard but when push comes to shove he will be outlcassed by the better faceoff guys ie See last years Bryant, Nova, and Duke games. Really Really concerned about play at the X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom