Script jerseys supposedly went on sale today | Syracusefan.com

Script jerseys supposedly went on sale today

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Did anybody see them for sale? I can’t find anything online but maybe they are in stores.

Nothing is available. They said January, but not 1/1 IIRC.

See Extreme's post in this thread. They are apparently available at Dick's

1340F686-D233-45B0-8EE9-C68EAD362D7C.png

Surprised to see Manny's has these

lol, someone said it would be stupid if they did a Melo script. Sure enough they did. Though, did Red wear #15 at one point? Acceptable, if so. Glad there’s a #44 option! $95??? They better be stitched on, for that price.

14048287-large.jpg

lol, someone said it would be stupid if they did a Melo script. Sure enough they did. Though, did Red wear #15 at one point? Acceptable, if so. Glad there’s a #44 option! $95??? They better be stitched on, for that price.
Those have been there for a while. They're not the current script edition this year's team is wearing.

Yup - Red Bruin was block print all the way.
View attachment 174770

View attachment 174771

It’s a good 5-7 years before the time in SU hoops I’m really familiar with which isn’t that long, but from what I’ve seen the game feels so much different. Watched a GTown game in that era and was blown away by the pace they were playing at, and the way they ran fast breaks. Wish there were more games on YouTube from that era.

It’s a good 5-7 years before the time in SU hoops I’m really familiar with which isn’t that long, but from what I’ve seen the game feels so much different. Watched a GTown game in that era and was blown away by the pace they were playing at, and the way they ran fast breaks. Wish there were more games on YouTube from that era.
Tony was that era's Stevie Thompson. He could sky! In his HS days (Mater Dei in NYC), his center would regularly win the tip by "tipping" the ball down court for a slam by Bruin without a dribble. Fun team to watch.

I’ve heard they are at at Destiny but nothing online as of yet.

That retro Melo Jersey is the definition of stupid. Why SU would even sign of on that. Melo never wore script, and Syracuse never used THAT script. That’s just horrible.
That’s what surprised me that Manny's had them. And that the quality doesn’t look to be there, looks like something you’d see at Shirt World.

Some might consider this splitting hairs, but as a purist the replicas are not 100% faithful to the original design. The font is not the correct size, maybe 2 points too small. The lettering should also have a slight "rainbow" alignment for lack of a better word. The autry pic makes it pretty easy to notice the differences.

You mean the Chinese knockoffs that Manny's is pushing aren't the real deal?

Shocking.
To be fair I think Manny's version is pretty close to what the players wore. Apparently they just aren't able to fully recreate the 80s/90s design for whatever reason. They probably lost the original printing press templates or whatever it's called.

Stinks that they only do the generic number 1 jersey. Better than nothing I guess.

Manny’s is advertising a 1996 style John Wallace jersey on its site. It looks decent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom