Sean Tucker Appreciation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker Appreciation

1601175412251.png

He dreams of the end zone...

He did a couple things today that reminded me of David Walker. Obviously he has better speed and may not be quite as physical yet, but there was a way he moved laterally while finding holes and leaning forward that made me think of Walker. My nearly 30 year old memories could be foggy, though.
Walker also excelled at short passes where he generally ran over the first defender. Will be interested to see how good Tucker is as a receiver.

Keep in mind he's a freshman, so he is still learning the offense. It's quite possible that it's taken him a few weeks to show the coaches what they needed to see before letting him get meaningful time.
Also with Pierre being a SR. I am sure Dino wanted to at least give him a shot at it.

I loved the move when he crossed the end zone line. He extended his head out as if he was finishing a 100 yard dash.

He had a nice series in the Pitt game too that ended with the pick thrown on the screen pass. Even against Pitt he made the run game function.

Hopefully we see some of Jordan and Tucker on the field at the same time.

jordan needs space to operate at this point in his career. If we can scheme him into space he can and will make guys miss, just the one flat route he turned up field today for an extra 15 yards is example of that.

Tucker in space is good, but he sees the small gaps our OL creates in the middle and hits those holes hard. He’s the guy we need to “dive” into the line.

That was the best performance from a RB under Dino’s career here at cuse I feel like? I mean maybe it has just been so long since I’ve seen a competent run game from someone who isn’t the QB. Very impressed with Tucker. It was so refreshing to see.

Agree with this thread x 100. My favorite series was when it looked like we were running out the clock at the half and our offense seemed surprised when we got the first down.

The OL’s morale has to be up

Impressed with his patience. Seems to understand that not every run has to be a home run. Sometimes four yard singles work too. Seems to have the hard to define "sense" that you see in good backs.
And he does a good job of side stepping to find space when there isn't any rignt in front of him.

His 0-2 yard runs impressed me as much as anything else. He stuck with the playcall even if it meant not getting any yards and didn’t try to stutter behind the line to hope something happened, then lose 2-3 yards. Beyond that, those run plays that didn’t get much would have been negative plays typically in the past. I think with the o-line seeing what can happen if they stay on their mental game will be motivating and we’ll see improved line play as a result.

Tucker is going to be our lead back for the next 3-4 years. I ain’t mad about it.

After this year, I think you have to move JJ to the slot. We need all the playmakers we can get on the offense on the field at once. JJ needs space to work his magic, his him with some slants, screens and sweeps and he’ll break some lose.

We’ll be fine at running back. You’ll have Tucker, Lutz, Hough and could always put JJ back there if there are injuries. Plus if any of Pierre, Howard or Adams come back we’ll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom