Sean Tucker will break Joe Morris single season rushing record | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker will break Joe Morris single season rushing record

• Thread starter Deleted member 8116
  • Start date
Did Adams see the field yesterday? Whenever I didn’t see 34, I thought I saw 24. And one play had both of them in (that wrinkle hand off that ended up losing 8 yards.)

Specials teams.

Had half a tackle.

All I know is that Tucker gives me the same awesome feeling watching him play that I’m sure fans got watching; Little, Brown, and Morris. Especially with our overall win % since Grob(bed) us, this is something special for us fans that have stuck around watching this program no matter what. All I care about. I hope it lasts as long as possible.

Vooh - good post. Weird responses to what should be a positive post.

Apparently you didn’t read the entire thread.
I have. I don't care if he has more games than Morris. Maybe you didn't my response to another poster about Tuckers yard per game average. Overall, however, it's just a silly conversation. It's like older folks need to protect the guys from there era and younger folks want to be able to say their guys are better. How about we celebrate that we span numerous eras with our great runners?

I have. I don't care if he has more games than Morris. Maybe you didn't my response to another poster about Tuckers yard per game average. Overall, however, it's just a silly conversation. It's like older folks need to protect the guys from there era and younger folks want to be able to say their guys are better. How about we celebrate that we span numerous eras with our great runners?

My original post was Tucker is going to break the record. Literally that was it. It’s a silly conversation to hype up Tucker breaking the record? Right…

Also, I am not the one who brought it into the weeds. Clearly you missed that, but you have this weird desire to be right or something.

All I know is that Tucker gives me the same awesome feeling watching him play that I’m sure fans got watching; Little, Brown, and Morris. Especially with our overall win % since Grob(bed) us, this is something special for us fans that have stuck around watching this program no matter what. All I care about. I hope it lasts as long as possible.

Vooh - good post. Weird responses to what should be a positive post.

Sometimes this fan base amazes me…….

Embrace that we have a kid that might break a record here at Cuse.

The kid is unreal…let’s hope he sets the record and does more.

The more attention he brings to this program the better off we are.

And we have him for at least one more year if not two!

The record is 1372 and Tucker currently has 1060. In the next 4 games he needs to average 78 YPG just to tie.

The next 4 opponents yards per game average is BC 155.7, Louisville 145.9, NC State 93.1, Pittsburgh 109.3.

If things go right against BC, he could break that number in the 4th Q against Louisville.

...Or maybe he just goes for 344 against BC and says good day sir.

Counting chickens before they hatch ... never a good thing (particularly in football).

Tucker has been great so far, and is on pace to break records. Why not just leave it at that?

Counting chickens before they hatch ... never a good thing (particularly in football).

Tucker has been great so far, and is on pace to break records. Why not just leave it at that?

Nothing wrong with a little hype and excitement for the program.

Plus you can buy my T-Shirts for $19.99

Nothing wrong with a little hype and excitement for the program.

Plus you can buy my T-Shirts for $19.99

I'm not a "sports gods" person, so I dont think there is a jinx or anything. I am cynical though, and just staying health with the load he has endured would be a pretty outstanding accomplishment in itself.

I'll buy one of those shirts so long as it is "Tucker 34." All the 44 talk just reeks of desperation to me.

My original post was Tucker is going to break the record. Literally that was it. It’s a silly conversation to hype up Tucker breaking the record? Right…

Also, I am not the one who brought it into the weeds. Clearly you missed that, but you have this weird desire to be right or something.
I know. I had no problem with your OP. I actually thought it was odd that someone seemed to feel like they needed to defend Morris. But in the post I responded too, you had certainly fallen into the comparison game. And if you saw all of my posts, I pointed out to another poster that Tucker was actually averaging more yards per game than Morris at one point this year (I didn't know if he still was). Even though I responded to your post, I was really being more critical of the people that felt like they needed to defend Morris's record. Sorry if you took offense.

I know. I had no problem with your OP. I actually thought it was odd that someone seemed to feel like they needed to defend Morris. But in the post I responded too, you had certainly fallen into the comparison game. And if you saw all of my posts, I pointed out to another poster that Tucker was actually averaging more yards per game than Morris at one point this year (I didn't know if he still was). Even though I responded to your post, I was really being more critical of the people that felt like they needed to defend Morris's record. Sorry if you took offense.

Fair enough. Hope your at the game Saturday to watch Tuck run for 344!!

I'm not a "sports gods" person, so I dont think there is a jinx or anything. I am cynical though, and just staying health with the load he has endured would be a pretty outstanding accomplishment in itself.

I'll buy one of those shirts so long as it is "Tucker 34." All the 44 talk just reeks of desperation to me.

I was trying to be sarcastic about the shirt, but haven’t figured out how that works yet.

Fair enough. Hope your at the game Saturday to watch Tuck run for 344!!
I won't be there. The commute from Knoxville is a bit too far for that. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch it on TV. It's not showing up on my guide yet. The RSN network I watched the VPI game on has tennis listed. A different one has college football listed but not the teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom