Sean Tucker will break Joe Morris single season rushing record | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker will break Joe Morris single season rushing record

• Thread starter Deleted member 8116
  • Start date
Shrader needs 108 ypg to get to 1,000, and Tucker would need 110 ypg to get to 1,500. It'll be tough, but it's certainly a possibility they get there.
We’ve had some great running QB’s but the rushing yards are hard to gage because of the lost yardage on sacks.

What’s our QB rushing yardage record?

*McNabb would throw for 3.000 and run for 1,000 in this offense and win the Heisman.

We’ve had some great running QB’s but the rushing yards are hard to gage because of the lost yardage on sacks.

*McNabb would throw for 3.000 and run for 1,000 in this offense and win the Heisman.
Bill Hurley with 2,551 yards.

Game: 200 Eric Dungey at Western Michigan, 2018
Season: 813 Bill Hurley, 1979
Career: 2,551 Bill Hurley, 1975-79

Well hell, stop the presses then. Good thing they don’t ask you haha!
Stupid IMO to compare achievements with different number of games played. Just like Jim Brown's lifetime achievments in the NFL or players from the feshmen ineligible period. Or for that matter, NBA assists after they changed the criteria. Oscar Robinson would have had a zillion more assists had he played in this era.

And baseball records are impossible to compare with 162 games vs 154.

And sign an autograph for me at the Oneonta Mall like Joe did for me.

Now you’re exaggerating, many of us know that’s barely a “mall”.

Now you’re exaggerating, many of us know that’s barely a “mall”.
All I know of Oneonta is the college, Hartwick(sorry!), Brooks Chicken, and a public swimming pool.

Had no idea there was a mall.

All I know if Oneonta is the college, Hartwick(sorry!), Brooks Chicken, and a public swimming pool.

Had no idea there was a mall.

There were 2 actually, when I was growing up in the 90’s. One of them right down from Brooks

Did Adams see the field yesterday? Whenever I didn’t see 34, I thought I saw 24. And one play had both of them in (that wrinkle hand off that ended up losing 8 yards.)
I don't think he did. When Tucker left the field, Lutz came in for him.

Joe Morris’s was in 11 games. Tucker needs to average 104 over his next three to surpass that.
At one point Tucker was also averaging the most yards per game in SU history. Is he still doing that?

I’m excited to be a fan when we have a back like this. Joe Morris was before my time and we’ve had good, but not great, backs since then

Well then let’s compare total carries and YPA at end of year. So far YPA is ST 6.1 and JM 5.8. I think Tucker breaks that record before game 12 anyway.
Why do we need to compare anything? Can't we just be happy that we have historical all time greats and now we have someone currently playing great. There are so many differences in different eras it's stupid to compare. The game is so different now to what it was even 25 years ago and that much more 60 years ago. Ernie Davis has the two best ypc seasons in history yet never hit 900 yards in a season.

I’m excited to be a fan when we have a back like this. Joe Morris was before my time and we’ve had good, but not great, backs since then
Walter Reyes fit the bill but gets lost in the shuffle because the fanbase was frustrated with the program's decline post McNabb and because his senior year was underwhelming due to injuries.

Why do we need to compare anything? Can't we just be happy that we have historical all time greats and now we have someone currently playing great. There are so many differences in different eras it's stupid to compare. The game is so different now to what it was even 25 years ago and that much more 60 years ago. Ernie Davis has the two best ypc seasons in history yet never hit 900 yards in a season.
Apparently you didn’t read the entire thread.

Stupid IMO to compare achievements with different number of games played. Just like Jim Brown's lifetime achievments in the NFL or players from the feshmen ineligible period. Or for that matter, NBA assists after they changed the criteria. Oscar Robinson would have had a zillion more assists had he played in this era.

And baseball records are impossible to compare with 162 games vs 154.
Still haven't gotten over Roger Maris hitting 61, huh?

That’s not how it works. It doesn’t matter if he only played 11 games. The all-time ‘Cuse record still stands at 1372.
Thats correct, Tucker per game average is about 8 yards per game less than Joe as it presently stands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom