Season saving 15 minutes | Syracusefan.com

Season saving 15 minutes

GoSU96

Living Legend
At the end of the 3rd the program was 15 minutes from a full on disaster. One big hit, one down QB, and one hell of a comeback and things look one hell of a lot different than what it was heading for.

Congrats to the team.

That was nuts.

the holding call (out of nowhere on tv) and the qb going out was the game changing play.

ballgame was pretty much over 1st and goal from the 2. All of a sudden the qb (tore his acl?) is out and then back from commercial they are 25-30 yds back from where we thought they were.

A lot of sportswriters are probably ripping up their stories and starting over. :)

It's been a while since I've lost my voice at a game. Feels good.

The first 3q of this game reminded me of Washington in 2007. First game against a team I assumed we would beat. But this team refused to quit.

the holding call (out of nowhere on tv) and the qb going out was the game changing play.

ballgame was pretty much over 1st and goal from the 2. All of a sudden the qb (tore his acl?) is out and then back from commercial they are 25-30 yds back from where we thought they were.

Brian Higgins said that they don't think Price's knee injury is serious. Prolly just a sprain.

Brian Higgins said that they don't think Price's knee injury is serious. Prolly just a sprain.
So last time we played Wake, season opener in 2006, we knocked their QB out of the game and season. The replacement played well - well enough to get them to the Orange Bowl as ACC champs. Here's hoping that things happen similarly but better this year - Price bounces back, and Wake wins the ACC again.

It's been a while since I've lost my voice at a game. Feels good.

Completely agree- those that sticked to the end were definitely making noise- my throat still hurts this morning...

Price out for the season. You hate to see that. Gotta feel for the guy, and the team, for that to happen in game one.

It seems dramatic to say this comeback saved the season but it was SOOO important to win a game A) At home and B) against another BCS opponent. To have a game filled with so much adversity and being able to come back and win will help our confidence obviously and also our unity as a team so that when we go into a madhouse at USC this team will go there mentally tough which is something I now never worry about with a DM coached team. I see us as a team that gets substantially better especially on the defensive side as the season goes on, and for a coach talking about winning a Big East Championship, this was a win the team and fanbase needed. Big things from Nassib, Bailey and Chew...very, very impressed with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom