Season Tix blues and how to correct the problem | Syracusefan.com

Season Tix blues and how to correct the problem

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Student Seasons - $50
Alumni - Alumni of SU receive a 15% discount on season tix purchase
Current season tix holders - 10% discount for renewing season tix (every year that they continually renew their season tix, they get the 10% discount off purchase price)

All season tix holders in 'premium' seating areas receive preferred parking included with purchase and invite to football banquet
All season tix holders invited to Ernie Davis scrimmage, given choice of free SU clothing item
All season tix holders automatically entered into $10k raffle pulled halftime of homecoming
All season tix holders automatically entered into $1k raffle pulled halftime every home game
SU creates a special season tix holder appreciation event at the end of the season where they get the chance to meet and mingle with former players and coaches

Perspective for an out of towner... how much do front row 50 yard line seats cost? How much do floor level basketball seats cost? TIA.

Perspective for an out of towner... how much do front row 50 yard line seats cost? .
According to this document, it's $815/seat/year ($600 donation + $215 for the tickets). I suspect the donation level may be greater and the availability will be limited.

How much do floor level basketball seats cost? TIA.
Two answers here:
  1. ask CTO :)
  2. donate more than the lowest level donor who currently has such seats

Current season tix holders - 10% discount for renewing season tix (every year that they continually renew their season tix, they get the 10% discount off purchase price)

I like this idea. It's a good incentive for people who are on the fence to re-up for another season.

As far as $50 student seats are concerned, I can't imagine that making any difference. Seasons are about $100 this year. That's really not prohbitive for most; those who don't have tickets don't have them because they don't care, not because the price is too high.

i think admission to the ernie davis scrimmage is a great idea

I think of all the perks SU offers, they've consistently missed one: concessions. I'm not saying that they're overpriced (they're not), but what harm would it be for the University to throw a "buy two beers, get one free" coupon in with each game ticket? I don't know that this is the most responsible move, and I don't know that the non-profits who staff and profit from concession sales would approve, but I'm sure it would be a hit.

There's a reason attendance-poor minor-league baseball teams (and the Chicago White Sox) clean up on those dollar hot dog promotion nights. Might be gimmicky, but SU ought to give it a try.