Seating preference discussion | Syracusefan.com

Seating preference discussion

mark79

All Conference
My lovely wife Jan and I are heading up to Syracuse for the Florida State game on January 23rd and need tickets.

Not sure if it is better waiting closer to the event to buy or buying up front. Anyone have experience?

Also I’m wondering what you guys think is the best view of the court and what section. It’s confusing to me when looking at tickets what is better, Row A vs AA etc.

My lovely wife Jan and I are heading up to Syracuse for the Florida State game on January 23rd and need tickets.

Not sure if it is better waiting closer to the event to buy or buying up front. Anyone have experience?

Also I’m wondering what you guys think is the best view of the court and what section. It’s confusing to me when looking at tickets what is better, Row A vs AA etc.

For me, the best seat in the building for hoops is front row aisle between 211 and 212. I feel like that is the perfect elevation. But many others prefer floor.

Sometimes the 300s work.too because you can see everything. We are doing that for Pitt next week.

Last year we sat in the very front row of 125 and it wasn't always easy to see everything because of the floor seats in front so I wouldn't buy those again personally

I would suggest staying away from lower level seats in section 104 as well. I booked seats there once thinking they'd be great, and close to the action. Unfortunately, the press row seats are in front of sections 103 and 104 and on risers, so you're not as close as it would seem. Also, since they are on risers and sit higher than floor level, we couldn't see over the press seats unless we stood up, and when we stood up to watch, the fuddy-duddies behind us would complain and yell for us to sit down.

For my money, the bleachers are the best seats.

I could be wrong because it’s been a while since I sat there, but I think they’re steeper than the 100 level on the stadium side, so the view is less obstructed.

They’re also easier to get in and out of, imo.

Our seats are in Section 123; Row A on the aisle And I wouldn’t trade them for anything except you do not see the big scoreboard. First row of bench seats. Chair seats are the double letters in the lower bowl.

Our seats are in Section 123; Row A on the aisle And I wouldn’t trade them for anything except you do not see the big scoreboard. First row of bench seats. Chair seats are the double letters in the lower bowl.
Those are great seats. When I was a student back in '81-'82 and '82-'83, my friends and I had season tickets in Section 124 across from the SU bench/scorer's table. We were a little further back than row A but the sight lines were awesome. Personally, I prefer seating that's parallel with the sidelines rather than being behind the baskets.
One funny thing I remember about the seats we had when I was a student, there was a guy that sat next to us that brought a box of Ritz crackers to every game - but there weren't any Ritz crackers in the box - he used it to smuggle in cans of beer. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to do that these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom