SEC Network Coming Soon: ACC Network NOT FAR Behind | Syracusefan.com

SEC Network Coming Soon: ACC Network NOT FAR Behind

arbitragegls

All Conference
This is going to be one of the most important statements made to date with my source input as well as comments made by national media and other bloggers that are knowledgeable about the ACC:
THE ACC IS VERY CLOSE TO ANNOUNCING THE ACC NETWORK (announced within the next three months or less)

The basis for this disclosure are the following factors:
  • ESPN owns the 3rd tier rights to ACC football and bball--no need to negotiate with a third party
  • ESPN also owns some rights to the non revenue Olympic Sports and the ACC is commonly thought of having the strongest all around non revenue Olympic Sports of all conferences
  • ACC, ESPN and Raycom already moving down the road on the non-revenue sports
  • Raycom and ACC already has the digital network up and running...and the ACC is the leading conference for digital media
  • Raycom is literally next door to the ESPN facilities in North Carolina
  • Notre Dame is going to go in to the Network for all sports sans football and hockey...HOWEVER, negotiations are taking place to add minimally the ACC-Notre Dame football games to the Network ---ACC-Notre Dame games automatically added; Notre Dame-ACC games considered Notre Damehome games may be run as reruns at a cost to ACC
  • ACC -Notre Dame Network may be more local in flavor than other conference networks...that is lead programming determined by locality and region...vary programming to include home markets and home teams...and don't forget that Notre Dame opens a new market in the mid-west
The content of the ACC Network would include football, basketball, LAX, baseball, soccer, track and field, etc. It would have all 15 teams on the network with local flavor...for example 'Cuse football leads in NY State-upstate NY but would then be followed by other games showing...just think of the basket ball schedule...not a better conference to be found and same for baseball, soccer, LAX etc.
ACC and ESPN and Notre Dame and Raycom are already down the road on this coming to fruition--and probably why there appears to be "calmness" among the teams of the ACC. What needs to be finalized aside from the execution of the network is the financial projections and dollars that come from it. Let's not forget that the ACC last year was #3 football conference and #2 basketball conference in "eyeball" watching and ratings...and that was without Notre Dame, 'Cuse, Pitt and Louisville (coming soon). The demise of the ACC is not in sight.
As you all know, I have provided insight with source information more than a foretelling or breaking a story. This is one that I could no longer hold back on based on "others" beginning to learn information...this is all good for 'Cuse and the ACC....I will enjoy your discussion!

Any hints on the form it will take (online, ESPN outlets, etc.)? My cable system carries the BTN here in Boston - never could quite figure out why, but wish I didn't have to pay for it. I would love to trade it for a new ACCN. Thanks, arb.

This is going to be one of the most important statements made to date with my source input as well as comments made by national media and other bloggers that are knowledgeable about the ACC:
THE ACC IS VERY CLOSE TO ANNOUNCING THE ACC NETWORK (this should be announced within two -three months or less)

I've heard rumblings of ESPN U becoming ESPN ACC can you confirm that? As its getting harder and harder to carry sports only channels this would be a brilliant move as espn u is already in a lot of homes and they could get espn u onto basic cable in acc markets while keeping it in digital level for out of market. Another option is espn classic that is rotting with no live programming anymore

I've heard rumblings of ESPN U becoming ESPN ACC can you confirm that? As its getting harder and harder to carry sports only channels this would be a brilliant move as espn u is already in a lot of homes and they could get espn u onto basic cable in acc markets while keeping it in digital level for out of market. Another option is espn classic that is rotting with no live programming anymore
Well that would be sweet! FIOS just pulled ESPN Classic off my package. They should keep their hands off my package.

I find it hard to believe that ESPN would change ESPNU over to ESPNACC. How would we ever see Tennessee vs. Florida in SEC softball? :D

Lot of lax coverage would go by the wayside.

HEY Guys, due to an error in posting, some of you responded before I was able to get EDIT up...so you may want to go back and read...sorry about that.

I find it hard to believe that ESPN would change ESPNU over to ESPNACC. How would we ever see Tennessee vs. Florida in SEC softball? :D

Lot of lax coverage would go by the wayside.

most of the LAX coverage is either acc or Syracuse now as it is

By default it will be more interesting than the B1G Network. When I have trouble going to sleep I always turn on the B1G Network and I'm out like a light within minutes.

I'm all for it simply because I'd love to watch more college (ACC) soccer games. I try to catch a few live ACC baseball games when I can too. I'm all for it.

HEY Guys, due to an error in posting, some of you responded before I was able to get EDIT up...so you may want to go back and read...sorry about that.
Interesting. But does that mean I have to watch BC be horrible at every single sport it plays? Oh Lord

The ACC will have to prove to me in the long run they know what they are doing with the TV business. I have lost some faith since learning their Raycom deal is somewhat of a scam.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I posted this on the bball post, but I honestly think the ACC network would be better than the SEC network. While Football is the wagon that drives the TV contract it is only a Fall sport, and even with 14 teams the SEC network isn't going to be as valuable because CBS will always take the best game, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU will always take multiple games each week, and all it will leave the SEC network is a bunch of Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt games each week. The reason why the BTN is increasing its revenue is basketball. The winter inventory is HUGE and all the games the B1G is able to put on BTN during the basketball season is huge. The ACC will be the same way with its network the ACC network will have a lot of basketball programing for the winter, and lacrosse, and baseball for the spring. The SEC network will have TERRIBLE basketball for the winter, and will have the best college baseball for the spring, but no lacrosse. I think the ACC network will second to BTN because football may drive the TV contract, but its value to a conference network isn't as high because the top games aren't on the network and since the SEC basketball sucks I think the ACC's network will be better.

espnu hardly ever has 2 sec games during the week during football season. As for espn,2 and cbs it all depends on how there redone sec deal specifies but your point is a good one comparing sec and potential acc network

The ACC will have to prove to me in the long run they know what they are doing with the TV business. I have lost some faith since learning their Raycom deal is somewhat of a scam.

Sent using my Commodore 64
I can't remember the details as to why I felt the Raycom deal was disquieting other than Swofford's son is employed by Raycom. Something seemed a little off though. They do seem to have made some strides in digital but wonder if that was something others could have also done.

espnu hardly ever has 2 sec games during the week during football season. As for espn,2 and cbs it all depends on how there redone sec deal specifies but your point is a good one comparing sec and potential acc network
You realize the ESPNU primetime featured the SEC almost EVERY week. If I wanted to look it all the matchups I could but I know the announcers were Clay Mavick and Jon Stinchcomb(SEC announcers) and the Syracuse @ Missouri game was on ESPNU for sure.

you said multiple games on espn u per week that's just 1 game though

you said multiple games on espn u per week that's just 1 game though
I meant ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU all cumulative would take multiple games 3-5 games a week. ESPNU Primetime was typically exclusive SEC, and a couple noon, 3:30 games were SEC the rest were Big East, ACC games.

"ACC -Notre Dame Network may be more local in flavor than other conference networks...that is lead programming determined by locality and region...vary programming to include home markets and home teams...and don't forget that Notre Dame opens a new market in the mid-west"

Sorry, but that doesn't thrill me. I see enough of the Carolina teams as it is now. SNY and MSG were great when games weren't being carried by ESPN. Now it sounds that if there is a Carolina school game on, and there are four ACC members in the state, the ACC network will carry one of those games. I hope that they rethink that idea.

"ACC -Notre Dame Network may be more local in flavor than other conference networks...that is lead programming determined by locality and region...vary programming to include home markets and home teams...and don't forget that Notre Dame opens a new market in the mid-west"

Sorry, but that doesn't thrill me. I see enough of the Carolina teams as it is now. SNY and MSG were great when games weren't being carried by ESPN. Now it sounds that if there is a Carolina school game on, and there are four ACC members in the state, the ACC network will carry one of those games. I hope that they rethink that idea.
Two points...first, the lead game maybe a "Carolina" game but there will be others also...secondly, ADVERTISERS want the oppty to pay for games that their target market is interested in...kind of difficult to get someone in Raleigh interested in a 'BC-Pitt game.

Arb,
Thank you for the updates. Do you think the ACC will set aside monies based on ACC network viewership of all Olympic sports?
No one liked carrying the Providences and Seton Halls. I can't imagine FSU and UNC want Notee Dame getting extra $$$ while they get the same as BC and Wake.

Two points...first, the lead game maybe a "Carolina" game but there will be others also...secondly, ADVERTISERS want the oppty to pay for games that their target market is interested in...kind of difficult to get someone in Raleigh interested in a 'BC-Pitt game.

Yes great for advertisers and income generation for the ACC but not so great for the fans that are not located in their schools homestate.

are we talking multiple ACC channels like the b1g network??

they have the mothership and then about 4 other channels that pop up on gamedays.

that would eliminate any problems for you out of the NY footprinters.

I think ND and ESPN are working on something that will make it so that all our programming will be on the ESPN family of networks. Our AD has been saying our renewal(For NBC) is right around the corner for the last couple of years and talked about it often. He hasn't mentioned it or mentioned our Digital Network(Another thing he discussed a lot.) for the last few months. So I will not be surprised to see an ACC/ND network put together in the near future along with a GoR being included.