SEC officially announces that Missouri will be part of conference for 2012 | Syracusefan.com

SEC officially announces that Missouri will be part of conference for 2012

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Now it gets interesting.

Louisville next?

It gets interesting because the B12 now has 9 teams. TV deal, which says 10 teams min, can be changed significantly. Can they get WVU for 2012 with all these law suits? How do they assure 10 in 2012?

It gets interesting because the B12 now has 9 teams. TV deal, which says 10 teams min, can be changed significantly. Can they get WVU for 2012 with all these law suits? How do they assure 10 in 2012?

That's what is going to be huge for SU. If WVU can work out a deal to get out early, so will Pitt and SU.

Does the Big 12 go to 12 teams or grab another and stay at 10? This is where alot can begin to shake up again. I love it.

That's what is going to be huge for SU. If WVU can work out a deal to get out early, so will Pitt and SU.

Does the Big 12 go to 12 teams or grab another and stay at 10? This is where alot can begin to shake up again. I love it.

According to Swaim, he is hearing WVU wants to only pay BE $5M while the BE wants $25M to leave for 2012. He says he is told it will be negotiated sometime in the next month. I bet it ends up around $15M and SU/Pitt will have the same deal. Up to us if we pursue it.

According to Swaim, he is hearing WVU wants to only pay BE $5M while the BE wants $25M to leave for 2012. He says he is told it will be negotiated sometime in the next month. I bet it ends up around $15M and SU/Pitt will have the same deal. Up to us if we pursue it.
How much would the Big 12/ACC be willing to kick in?

How much would the Big 12/ACC be willing to kick in?

How much is up to ESPN...I'm sure the ACC would kick in some $$$ if it meant they are each clearing more $$$ per team starting in '12. On the flipside can the CUSA/MWC teams bolt in time for '12? I don't see the BE helping them as they have no contract looming until '13.

How much is up to ESPN...I'm sure the ACC would kick in some $$$ if it meant they are each clearing more $$$ per team starting in '12. On the flipside can the CUSA/MWC teams bolt in time for '12? I don't see the BE helping them as they have no contract looming until '13.

The BE can use WV's money to help Boise or any other team get the buyout. Boise can leave they just don't want to pay the extra $5 million to do so.

The BE can use WV's money to help Boise or any other team get the buyout. Boise can leave they just don't want to pay the extra $5 million to do so.

Good point...but I wonder if the BB schools will think the same way?

Good point...but I wonder if the BB schools will think the same way?
That is the catch here. The BE is the only conference that deals with BB only schools.

"It's possible Missouri could be stuck in the Big 12 until West Virginia can depart from the Big East." - from cbssports

SEC is going to have to flex some muscle.

Let's say that the Big 12 also invites Louisville and Cincinatti. At that point wouldn't the timing of the moves be moot? The BE would lose most of it's leverage and practically be forced to let all 5 of the teams leave. There is no way that Louisville would agree to stick around if WVU was being pulled out for 2012.

Let's say that the Big 12 also invites Louisville and Cincinatti. At that point wouldn't the timing of the moves be moot? The BE would lose most of it's leverage and practically be forced to let all 5 of the teams leave. There is no way that Louisville would agree to stick around if WVU was being pulled out for 2012.

Why? The Providence Cabal wants either $25 mil from each school or force the schools to stay and generate additional money for BB schools that way. What is their benefit from letting any of the schools go early, if you're Providence?

Also I know most of you here are not anal about following expansion details but B12 will not go to 12 schools for 4 more years. Their current contract pays them for 12 members (that they had) and is valid as long as they do not go below 10. It's valid for 4 more years. This is the reason they can't let Mizz go without having WVU be in.

If they add 2 more schools to go to 12 they still can't renegotiate the deal and now the money is split 12 ways instead of 10. They will therefore not go above 10. Once this contract is up they most likely will invite 2 more for a better deal in 2016 or so.

The Big 12 will be at 10 teams with Missou leaving not 9. TCU and WVU replace aTm and Missou. It doesn't appear that the Big 12 will add more schools, at least not right away, as Texas is opposed and they control the conference.

Even if the Big East was agreeable to a bigger buyout from WVU, SU and Pitt, how can they do that without falling below 8 teams needed to keep the BCS AQ? Unless the other BCS conferences vote to give the BE a waiver, it seems unlikely. Can anyone explain this?

The Big 12 will be at 10 teams with Missou leaving not 9. TCU and WVU replace aTm and Missouri

That was the point. 10 IF WVU goes for 2012. That ia the big question.

Sent from my DROIDX