Section 3 v Temple High (Zach Allen) | Syracusefan.com

Section 3 v Temple High (Zach Allen)

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Temple High had 35 staff members (minimum) for Varsity football only ... that is like 4 section 3 teams combined ... talk about a whole different level.

I know first hand that many teams in section 3 over the last decade have moved to more dedicated programs and staffing ... but programs still are only at 25% of the level that Texas Varsity programs are at (at best) -- that to me is mind blowing.

Talk about different cultures

The downside is TX kids in the non-honors classes get a lot of coaches masquerading as teachers. My son's high school (140-150 kids per year group) had like 12 coaches, kids had to take football for gym, spring FB, and played in front of 4000 people...compare That to a CNY class B or C program.

The downside is TX kids in the non-honors classes get a lot of coaches masquerading as teachers. My son's high school (140-150 kids per year group) had like 12 coaches, kids had to take football for gym, spring FB, and played in front of 4000 people...compare That to a CNY class B or C program.
Heck compare it to most AA programs

Temple High had 35 staff members (minimum) for Varsity football only ... that is like 4 section 3 teams combined ... talk about a whole different level.

I know first hand that many teams in section 3 over the last decade have moved to more dedicated programs and staffing ... but programs still are only at 25% of the level that Texas Varsity programs are at (at best) -- that to me is mind blowing.

Talk about different cultures

And I assume you've seen the stadiums we have down here for Texas football. My kid's high school had a jumbotron before SU!

Funny tidbit, while lacrosse is definitely growing here is Texas (see Brandon Mullins - 5A Defensive Player of the Year, but opted to play lacrosse at SU), most football coaches are vehemently opposed to football players participating, not because of fear of injuries but because it will take them away from Spring 7 on 7 and possible Spring practice. The UIL still doesn't recognize lacrosse as a varsity sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom