Security certificate | Syracusefan.com

Security certificate

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
I get frozen out by my malware protection software. It says that your security certificate does not match the name of the site, or something to that effect. It is a popular program, malwarebytes, which means that I am probably not the only person having this annoyance.

I've been having the same problem with McAfee. Annoying to the point of not wanting to come here as often.

I get frozen out by my malware protection software. It says that your security certificate does not match the name of the site, or something to that effect. It is a popular program, malwarebytes, which means that I am probably not the only person having this annoyance.

Cut and paste the URL you use to get here.

I'm constantly blocked by Avast every time I clear my cookies. Have to create an exclusion to re-enter.

The security certificate is fine: SSL Certificate Checker - Diagnostic Tool | DigiCert.com

I need to know exactly what it says. Please cut and paste or post a screen capture.

Last edited:
My problem has suddenly disappeared. It was really bad last week, but it hasn't appeared in the couple of days.

The code for the old chat may have been causing the problem. I deleted it. There's no way it was malicious, but it could have tripped malware programs.

"The name on the security certificate does not match the name of the site."

"The name on the security certificate does not match the name of the site."

The certificate name and site name does match, so I'm not sure why it would say this. Post a screen capture of the entire page next time it happens.

The certificate name and site name does match, so I'm not sure why it would say this. Post a screen capture of the entire page next time it happens.
Will not let me take a snapshot of the msg. Always geet it when trying to use Explorer. Never get it with Chrome. Both use the same anti-virus. go figure?

upload_2017-8-9_7-5-13.png

Thanks. That helps.

Temery, can't speak for others, but that only occurs for me on my client / work computer, which forces me to use IE. Happens intermittently, but can be disruptive when it starts to happen.

Temery, can't speak for others, but that only occurs for me on my client / work computer, which forces me to use IE. Happens intermittently, but can be disruptive when it starts to happen.

This shouldn't matter, but if you are arriving via www.syracusefan.com, don't. Clearing your cache may also help.

I'm still looking into this on my end. But doing the above is worth trying.

Will not let me take a snapshot of the msg. Always geet it when trying to use Explorer. Never get it with Chrome. Both use the same anti-virus. go figure?

What browser ?

Please reply yes or no whether or not you have the problem in the next couple hours.

I get the exact same msg as RF every time I use Internet Explorer. I never get the msg. when using Chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom