Seed List - URI stole a bid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seed List - URI stole a bid

Vandy is stunning. Go look. Even more stunning is Jeff borzello defending them with great power numbers and no. 1 sos. I mean What?

I've updated the computer rankings and average and Top 50 / Top 25 records and ranked them.

I have Syracuse as the last team in. However, I'm one of those crazy people who don't have USC in the Tourney so *shrug* we'll see what happens.
This was from yesterday morning before MTU and Rhode Island got auto bids. 67 out of 68 teams. Looks like I overrated Kansas State, Wake Forest and Xavier a bit. Underrated Seton Hall and VCU.

OF COURSE the one miss has to be our team. Something sick and twisted about that.

Maybe this is my fault.

upload_2017-3-12_20-30-8.png

chair siad uri was in regardless of outcome today
That's...interesting.

There are only 2 at-larges below URI. So that means either beating a top 30 team in VCU only moved URI up 2 slots, or he's lying. This one of URI's best wins all year, I find it hard to believe that it had no effect on the committee.

What did Usc do?
Obviously the committee was OK with their resume as is. If they lost to Washington maybe it knocked them out.

URI, KState and Syracuse came into the week. URI needed multiple wins. KState and URI took care of business, we didn't.

Bottom line yep. We looked totally inept and unprepared against Miami as well. Not good.

That's...interesting.

There are only 2 at-larges below URI. So that means either beating a top 30 team in VCU only moved URI up 2 slots, or he's lying. This one of URI's best wins all year, I find it hard to believe that it had no effect on the committee.

Obviously the committee was OK with their resume as is. If they lost to Washington maybe it knocked them out.

Their resume stinks, they shouldn't have been ok with it.

We should have been in, but oh well. We weren't winning it all. Can look forward to USC, and KState doing nothing.

We should have been in, but oh well. We weren't winning it all. Can look forward to USC, and KState doing nothing.
When I saw the Baylor/SMU pod, I was hoping that would be us. I think we could have beaten PC, SMU and Baylor then we would have gotten Duke again. I think Baylor and SMU are extremely overrated.

You're right - we weren't winning it all, but I think we could have made some noise in USC's spot.

RI jumps us by beating teams that were all seeded behind Miami, so in essence they were rewarded by playing worse teams that we could even have begun to play..
URI won the automatic bid. The committee chair yesterday said URI was in regardless of the VCU result - I think he's lying. I think if VCU wins yesterday, we get in over URI.

If KState beats Texas Tech instead of Baylor to open the B12 tournament - it's very likely they don't get in either.

No excuses - we beat Miami by 15 2 months ago - they didn't play that well on Wednesday but we played worse.

We made our bed. Other teams got wins that had to. Xavier won 2 games as well.

VCU got 2 games handed to them by the A10 refs when it looked like the A10 was going to be a 1 bid league, 1 at Sy. Bonny and 1 against Dayton. Then URI caught fire and the A10 ended up with 3 bids. VCU is a 4 point dog to ST. MARY'S! The A10 played some mid-major crap and VCU stole a bid.

I guess I need to spend some time learning more about the metrics, but K State makes no sense to me. They were sub .500 in their conference. Was the Big 12 that strong that a sub .500 team should get in? Their OOC schedule looks like a whole bunch of mediocre to me.

I guess I need to spend some time learning more about the metrics, but K State makes no sense to me. They were sub .500 in their conference. Was the Big 12 that strong that a sub .500 team should get in? Their OOC schedule looks like a whole bunch of mediocre to me.
They aren't better than NCSU.

I actually thought the committee underrated Kansas State as I had them in as a 10 seed. Reason being their three wins against the RPI Top 25 (four wins vs. Top 50) and their strong computer power rankings (KenPom - 28, Sagarin - 34, BPI - 34). Better resume than many who made it in.

No excuses - we beat Miami by 15 2 months ago - they didn't play that well on Wednesday but we played worse.
not trying to be argumentative with ya, jdubs, you've done yeoman's work the past couple of weeks with bubble stuff - but I'm annoyed that the bolded seems to have emerged around here as a narrative in the wake of our being left out...
Miami played nearly flawlessly in the 1st half on Wednesday. That's not to say we played particularly well (esp in playing so slowly/tentatively on offense) - also the other part of the narrative is that we should have just been able to beat them because they're not that good or something - Miami is a very good team with top-level athletes and one of the best coaches in the game - I'd wager we definitely had the most difficult first-round tourney game of any of the bubble teams. Like I said above, the blessing/curse of being in the ACC and drawing the 8/9 game in the ACCT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom