Seems like a very quiet weekend for NCAAM | Syracusefan.com

Seems like a very quiet weekend for NCAAM

WaHoos4Me

Scout Team
No marquis matchups, no real buzz. I'm sure there will be upsets, but this weekend seems very mundane.

Top 25 slate is a little quiet. Most top 25 teams playing a non tourney conference mate.

As usual always be on the lookout for top 25 teams going on the road in conference and being knocked off.

I think it could be an interesting day, but it’s one you have to follow the scoreboard and pick games as they develop. No games from beginning or end.

Even trae young has slipped a little. But I will definitely spend some time watching that game.

I’m also going to take the chance to watch more of a Purdue today.

I have not watched them too closely this year and I want to get familiar with them as they may be a real player in March.

I have not watched them too closely this year and I want to get familiar with them as they may be a real player in March.
Purdue does seem to have a good team this year... May check them out also...

Purdue looks really good but Iowa looks as bad as when Lickliter turned their program into a mess.

Purdue looks really good but Iowa looks as bad as when Lickliter turned their program into a mess.
McCaffrey can’t survive 51-20.
He gone.
You can play no D if you score a lot but they aren’t even scoring today.
Purdue was 10 for 11 from 3 to start this game.

Wich St down 9 at the half at Houston.
2nd half should be a solid watch.

Purdue looks solid... Villanova too... Never been a big believer in Wichita State...

Wich St down 9 at the half at Houston.
2nd half should be a solid watch.

Where are they playing that game? Don’t recognize it at all

Is there any way Ollie doesn't get fired at the end of the season? I think the conference excuse is a poor one; you can absolutely have success in the American - why can SMU and Cincinnati do it? UConn isn't even competitive.

Houston is a pretty good team. on the border of the NCAA tournament and KP #45. They were only a 3 point dog.

I think Wichita St is top 15 type good, but they have been closer to the top 5 for a lot of the season which seems to be too high. They have had better teams.

upload_2018-1-20_15-4-39.png

Teams have found ways to frustrate Trae Young rccently... I am sure he will find a way to adjust but for now he is turning the ball over way too much and forcing shots. This would be Oklahoma's second loss of the week.

upload_2018-1-20_15-7-8.png

upload_2018-1-20_15-8-24.png

Anyone ever think they would see the day that Seton Hall is a stronger program than Cuse? Good grief. Seton Hall vs Xavier both top 20 ranked teams is the showcase game on Fox (not FS1) national game.

Zion makes his decision tonight. Clemson fans seem pretty hopeful they might get him.

upload_2018-1-20_15-50-19.png

A much more composed half by Young. Seems willing to make the easier pass when he drives. Before he was willing to pass, but he was always trying to make a pass that led to a 3 pointer or a lay up. Was leading to too many turnovers.

Zion makes his decision tonight. Clemson fans seem pretty hopeful they might get him.
The guy calling Bazley’s game last night who is ESPN’s Recruiting guy for basketball thinks South Carolina or Kansas.

View attachment 120269

A much more composed half by Young. Seems willing to make the easier pass when he drives. Before he was willing to pass, but he was always trying to make a pass that led to a 3 pointer or a lay up. Was leading to too many turnovers.
He is assist hunting so he can lead the nation in scoring and assists.
Thus he is a little turnover prone. He still has a sick game and isn’t quite Steph Curry but is a guy I would want In the NBA draft.

The guy calling Bazley’s game last night who is ESPN’s Recruiting guy for basketball thinks South Carolina or Kansas.
Just read that the Kansas kid who had a car accident and has been held out signed to play in Bosnia. Wonder if that effects the decision.

I hope he chooses one of the two in-state schools. Kansas, meh.

South Carolina got a huge bump from the F4 last year and have a borderline legit program and fan base now.

Clemson is still a straight up football school but Zion could change that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom