Seems like BS to me but... | Syracusefan.com

Seems like BS to me but...

sorry, don't buy it. I think all of this is driven by pissed off Clemson and FSU fans.

If the Big 12 goes any further with expansion, the next logical step is towards Louisville, KY. The Cards will be the first ones off the block. They are the lowest hanging fruit and the easy grab. The second team will be a crap shoot, but it won't be any ACC team mentioned. And ND...HAH!! Someone really smoked the tailpipe to think that is going to happen. LOL! ND to a horrible academic conference? Away from it's desired East Coast corridor? Not likely.

Louisville and Boise St. are my guesses.

If the Big 12 goes any further with expansion, the next logical step is towards Louisville, KY. The Cards will be the first ones off the block. They are the lowest hanging fruit and the easy grab. The second team will be a crap shoot, but it won't be any ACC team mentioned. And ND...HAH!! Someone really smoked the tailpipe to think that is going to happen. LOL! ND to a horrible academic conference? Away from it's desired East Coast corridor? Not likely.

Louisville and Boise St. are my guesses.
I tend to agree with you. That said I really hoped the rumors of our conference being raided would end when we made this switch. Another FWIW article http://cemetery-hill.com/2012-artic...g-12-expansion-with-clemson-a-fsu-emerge.html

I still believe that if the Big12 expands it will go after Louisville and Cinncy. WVU is probably already complaining about the amount of travel they have to do and are advocating for two closer conference mates.

The Big12 is not going to poach anyone from the Pac12, the SEC, the Big10 or the ACC...and they aren't going to get ND. So, what are their options...

The Big12 is not going to poach anyone from the Pac12, the SEC, the Big10 or the ACC...and they aren't going to get ND. So, what are their options...
Hate playing devil's advocate on this one because people don't seem to listen when I say I don't think it WILL happen... but to say they CAN'T poach the ACC is false. A lot of estimates put FSU making an extra $5 to $12 million in the Big 12, thats some incentive. Some are calling it a done deal... I don't at ALL buy that. But I don't buy its impossible either... I'd say the truth is more likely in between.

Hate playing devil's advocate on this one because people don't seem to listen when I say I don't think it WILL happen... but to say they CAN'T poach the ACC is false. A lot of estimates put FSU making an extra $5 to $12 million in the Big 12, thats some incentive. Some are calling it a done deal... I don't at ALL buy that. But I don't buy its impossible either... I'd say the truth is more likely in between.

That's about where I am. I kind of think they may be using the B12 as leverage with the ACC.

That's about where I am. I kind of think they may be using the B12 as leverage with the ACC.
Could be... I know they don't like the Carolina schools running things. Although that makes it tough to see them trading Carolina schools for one brutal Texas dictator. But $12 mill is a lot. Would be nice if ND just came to the ACC and we had a GOR, would solve things permenantly.

I know. I've read about 20 posts here all trying to convince us. I'm not buying it. I think the B12 is barely out of a desperate situation. IMHO, they are in no position to be grabbing teams from the established conferences. They lost Missouri. They lost TA&M. Texas is pushing their weight around. Again, just my opinion. Not basing it on anything anyone says. People sometimes say some weird .

I think this is a load of crap. Don't see either of those Southern schools hitting the road to play K St, I just don't. I think this is very very foolish and would be willing to bet anyone that these two school don't wind up in the Big 12.. The SEC on the other hand completely different story

I could see FSU/Clemson shopping around, they'd be foolish not to. One thing that could possibly come into play is if they are really interested would the SEC let it happen? They like the ACC, they are not a threat but the Big 12 in Florida, Georgia and S.Carolina well that's another matter.

The recent ACC/ESPN deal it shows how much the $ tops off at, unless the ACC can pull off a miracle and land ND but even with them, would that that be enough? How much more cash could ND land the ACC? Would playing ND be good enough for FSU and Clemson? The Big 12 has no problem throwing money into the buyouts so that 20 million means a lot less than it did before.

I'm hoping that Louisville/Cincy/Boise will be enough for them.

I was discussing this issue with an FSU and some Clemson fans. They are only looking at the $$$; refuse to consider new costs; dealing with Texas; academics; path to chamoionships. Basically, the fans are looking at the new car shine butignoring what it will cost them to get the new car.

I do believe the school administrations are more pragmatic. They look at the costs and the hassles and the realities. They see TAMU wanting away from UT since the 90's, Arkansas left, Nebraska left, Colrado left, Mizzou left. They see OU, OSU, TTech, Kansas attempting to enter the Pac 12 and see Iowa State, KSU, Kansas, Baylor trying to gain acces to the Big East - essentially, there is no love lost for UT.

The SEC is a different story, but hopefully the SEC does not want FSU and Clemson.

Clemson's president yesterday forcefully shot down the rumors of moving to the Big XII in the clearest terms possible -- no interest at all. Sorry don't have the link. Georgia Tech has no interest either. I doubt FSU would move without one or both of them going along. I think the rumor is being created by Big XII --and especially WVU-- fans on message boards. The Big XII has become the most obnoxious conference out there.

What does it tell you when the SEC has no exit fee. That's pretty impressive.

Clemson's president yesterday forcefully shot down the rumors of moving to the Big XII in the clearest terms possible -- no interest at all. Sorry don't have the link. Georgia Tech has no interest either. I doubt FSU would move without one or both of them going along. I think the rumor is being created by Big XII --and especially WVU-- fans on message boards. The Big XII has become the most obnoxious conference out there.

The hillbillies always add a little of their "flair" to anything they do. They're angry at the ACC for not selecting them and can't lash out at the SEC.

Their decent looking site makes them seem more legitimate than they likely are. If you imagine them having a crappy blog site, and then read the text, you'll find yourself saying, who are these guys and why do I care? "I was told" and "Reportedly" are supposed to mean something? Read their "About Us" section. You'll be ready to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom