Selection Show Format | Syracusefan.com

Selection Show Format

Has this been discussed yet? Looks like we won't have to wait very long to find out whether or not our bubble has burst. They will be announcing all 68 teams to make the tournament right off the bat, then spend the rest of the show revealing seeding and matchups.

NCAA tournament selection show switches format for bracket announcement

This show used to be 30 minutes long back in the day. Greg Gumbel just cranking out brackets, and everyone was happy. Ugh.

I like it. I can't see how this is good for ratings though. Have to think a lot of people will check-out if their team isn't in the field. I know I would ( hypothetically speaking of course).

I like it. I can't see how this is good for ratings though. Have to think a lot of people will check-out if their team isn't in the field. I know I would ( hypothetically speaking of course).

Yeah but how many teams legitimately have their bubble burst on selection Sunday? 4 or 5? The rest either make it or had no shot anyway.

I'd prefer they just unveil the match-ups region by region, the way they used to do it. Don't drag it out for 2 hours. Take the 30 minutes and do one region at a time, spend the rest of the time discussing match-ups.

I enjoy watching the "Bracketology "show on espn with Greenberg, Bilas etc to see their opinions and hear them breakdown all of the games.

And the final at-large team to make it into the tournament is...

ryan-seacrest-american-idol-abc-ftr.jpg

Going to find out, after the break.

Hallelujah - CBS made such a mess of that show. Good riddance.

30 was too fast.
1 hour is good
2 hour is also good if done properly... i.e have the full reveal in the first 30-40 minutes.
2 hours done by CBS in 2016 was terrible.

This show used to be 30 minutes long back in the day. Greg Gumbel just cranking out brackets, and everyone was happy. Ugh.
But why do that when you can drag it out for hours and get guys who haven't seen a college game all year to break things down and get 4 interviews with bill self.

Yeah but how many teams legitimately have their bubble burst on selection Sunday? 4 or 5? The rest either make it or had no shot anyway.

In 2017, it was pretty clear cut who was getting in. Per the matrix there was only two teams that were in between 3% to 20% of the brackets. So there was probably 2 fanbases who thought they had a mild shot that should at least watch -- Syracuse and Illinois St.

in 2016, it was a free for all. Based on the matrix you can say that maybe 7 fanbases were disappointed. That is as large as it ever gets

I don't know my point. I guess it proves your 4-5 teams as reasonable.

This is much better, IMO. Waiting for them to get through all the regionals, especially if your team is (or isn’t) in the last regional they unveil has become increasingly annoying. Less chance of a leaked bracket too, ha.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom