Semi OT: Cliff Robinson on Survivor | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT: Cliff Robinson on Survivor

PoppyHart

All American
Former Connecticut Husky Cliff Robinson is a castaway on this season's Survivor.

Got me thinking, which Cuse player, past or present, would you be most interested in watching compete? Who would have the best chance to outwit, outplay and outlast?

I think Etan Thomas would be an interesting contestant.

Are you kidding me?

The answer is, was, and will always be Derrick Coleman.
and it should be a real survivor....20 people enter the island...1 man leave.

i got my $$$$ on DC, no matter how old he is.

The real answer is actually pretty obvious. The contestants on Survivor are often delusional, and that means a guy who, by all accounts, should have been playing at SU would be phenomenal: Bjorn.

That said, I have it on good authority a board member actually did submit an audition tape and I think would kick unholy amounts of a$$ and be a fan favorite if he gets picked.

He was very amiable and funny. Hope he can handle the freaks and geeks.

Just for Marsh, and in honor of Cliff Robinson,

Fab Melo.

Starts as the lazy guy you want kicked off
At some point somebody finally motivates him and he helps your team.
He still finds a way to F it all up at the end.

Reactions: MGP
Louie McCroskey, for entertainment value

If they want my wife to watch, Kristof Ongenaet or Andy Rautins is the way to go.

Louie McCroskey, for entertainment value

I've never watched Survivor, but if it's like any other "reality" show, it'd be best to have some kind of egomaniac with a hair-trigger temper and/or some idiosyncrasies. So I was thinking maybe of Terrance Roberts or Paul Harris.

But Louie would be good - more violent. Maybe Scott McCorkle, too.

Or we could take it in the other direction - find someone who's too normal or bright or stoic to play the games those nuts play. Baye or Kristof, perhaps.

I actually watch survivor. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure. Usually people who are famous and recognizable like Cliff struggle in the game. But Cliff has a real chance to go far. Most of his tribe likes him and he is doing well in challenges. He seems to have an alliance already with a guy named Woo who said that he owns a few of Cliff's playing cards.

Funny enough the President of the Marlins was a participant. Spoilers (he was the first booted) I'm not surprised honestly.

McCroskey or Harris would probably be the most likely to sabotage their own camp, pour out rice, etc...

I could see Billy Celuck blending in and being non-threatening with his goofy nature.

David Samson is a lying sack of crap, biggest scumbag on the earth in partnership with his stepfather. He has ten times worse than anything associated with georgetown, deserves to live in feces.

I'd like to see Deshaun Williams on there, maybe he'll be eaten by an alligator or something.

I feel Rony Seikaly could do well on one of these shows.

If they want my wife to watch, Kristof Ongenaet or Andy Rautins is the way to go.
I bet Kristof would do really well, because in addition to being stronger and more athletic than the vast majority of participants, he is really smart - Maxwell grad, IR major.

which raises a question - how many scholarship basketball players are also Maxwell grads? Can't be too many.

"I have to laugh a little bit when our own board, our own fan website, isn't calling for Gerry McNamara. They actually listed a bunch of former players who I guarantee would never be the sole survivor. Without Gerry McNamara catching fish for the tribe, they wouldn't last 10 (bleeping ) days! Gerry McNamara not picked for Survivor? That's the most (expletive) thing I've heard in 30 years."

Hop. Think about it. Likeable, funny, leadership, intense, used to managing multiple personalities cohesively, and he's reputedly the blackest white man on the planet.

I did my graduate thesis on Survivor. Hah!

Devendorf and Paul Harris would be my choices.