semi-OT - Jefferson Clinton Hotel | Syracusefan.com

semi-OT - Jefferson Clinton Hotel

pearl31

in cahoots
This is where I stayed while in Syracuse this past weekend. I've got to say, all things considered, it was one of the better hotel experiences I've had. Super-reasonable rates, great service, clean/comfortable room, etc - just top notch all the way around.
Highly recommend staying here

This is where I stayed while in Syracuse this past weekend. I've got to say, all things considered, it was one of the better hotel experiences I've had. Super-reasonable rates, great service, clean/comfortable room, etc - just top notch all the way around.

You wouldn't have said that 35 years ago.

Anyone who was a college student back then should remember it was the trailways station and a flophouse.

Seedy doesn't begin to describe it.

If you told me downtown would be where it is today 20 years ago, I would have thought you were insane.

It is a minor miracle.

and trust me - I was leery ahead of time, had the "eh it's cheap and I'm just sleeping there" attitude

I'll be staying at the Quality Inn Downtown next Sunday/Monday for UVA.

Both legs direct flights from Boston and 2 nights hotel for 220. Wowzzz. The Jet Blue 530 am from Hancock is amazing no traffic from the airport and I'll be at my home office by 7 this doesn't even effect my job whatsoever. I'd consider splurging on the Sheraton but I have to eat at Dinosaur b/c the one in Chicago (closed RIP) had the pregame party before we beat UVA in the Elite 8 and its next door.

I can't imagine what Syracuse would have been like with 60 dollar 45 minute direct flights from home and uber/lyft even broke college kids can afford that. Would love some warm balmy 50 degree weather next Monday.

Nice spot. Lots to do around there. Glad you had a good experience in Syracuse.

I'll be staying at the Quality Inn Downtown next Sunday/Monday for UVA.

Both legs direct flights from Boston and 2 nights hotel for 220. Wowzzz. The Jet Blue 530 am from Hancock is amazing no traffic from the airport and I'll be at my home office by 7 this doesn't even effect my job whatsoever. I'd consider splurging on the Sheraton but I have to eat at Dinosaur b/c the one in Chicago (closed RIP) had the pregame party before we beat UVA in the Elite 8 and its next door.

I can't imagine what Syracuse would have been like with 60 dollar 45 minute direct flights from home and uber/lyft even broke college kids can afford that. Would love some warm balmy 50 degree weather next Monday.
Um where exactly is the Quality Inn Downtown? Is that in Downtown?

I left my house to go for a run at 10 AM yesterday to promptly get dumped on with rain. I got back to my house at 1130 and the sun came out. My wife and I enjoyed some balmy weather for the chicken wing walk downtown until we headed home at 7 to the point I thought my pickup was going to get blown off 690.

I left my house to go for a run at 10 AM yesterday to promptly get dumped on with rain. I got back to my house at 1130 and the sun came out. My wife and I enjoyed some balmy weather for the chicken wing walk downtown until we headed home at 7 to the point I thought my pickup was going to get blown off 690.

Birds were out chirping yesterday.

They must be so confused.

Don’t get your hopes up.

We’re heading squarely into, “oh my God, this is getting so freakin old, why does anybody live here!” time of year.

March usually pisses me off.

Dont forget the two day stretch during the middle of the week of course where it gets into the upper 50's and you think here we go only for it to be 14 and 8 inches of snow fall that weekend. March has to be one of the most frustrating weather months for this area. It can be 65 or 6.

Um where exactly is the Quality Inn Downtown? Is that in Downtown?

454 James St, Syracuse, NY 13203 basically go to Dino and cross the highway. Reviews look good.

I don't mind the walk from downtown to the Dome and vice versa on gamedays but we are looking at low 20s. Sorry everyone I don't bring good weather with me. Used to go to Syracuse every Easter weekend to visit my grandmother and over all those years it was never warm even once.

If you told me downtown would be where it is today 20 years ago, I would have thought you were insane.

It is a minor miracle.
30, you mean? Downtown has been pretty similar since I got out of the military.

Dont forget the two day stretch during the middle of the week of course where it gets into the upper 50's and you think here we go only for it to be 14 and 8 inches of snow fall that weekend. March has to be one of the most frustrating weather months for this area. It can be 65 or 6.

High school baseball season in NY = “the snow all melted! In a couple days things will dry out and we can go outside and use the field!” A few days later you get 15 inches of snow, ensuring that you’ll be practicing in the gym for another 3 weeks, and will end up playing 10 games in the last two weeks of the season, meaning your 9th best pitcher has to pitch and gets absolutely rocked at some point.

The day we played Wisconsin in the 2012 NCAA tournament it was 80 degrees. I was walking around Syracuse in shorts and a t shirt.

The day we played Wisconsin in the 2012 NCAA tournament it was 80 degrees. I was walked no around Syracuse in shorts and a t shirt.

Yup I remember that day vividly, was so hot we had to put one of the AC units in. The next year it was probably 27. St. patricks day at Colemans for about a 3 year stretch starting around 20082009 was like 50 degrees or warmer every year. I don't think its gotten past 40 the last half decade.

Yup I remember that day vividly, was so hot we had to put one of the AC units in. The next year it was probably 27. St. patricks day at Colemans for about a 3 year stretch starting around 20082009 was like 50 degrees or warmer every year. I don't think its gotten past 40 the last half decade.

I went to the early round games in Pitt and it was awesome. Just great weather that 2 week stretch.

The day we played Wisconsin in the 2012 NCAA tournament it was 80 degrees. I was walked no around Syracuse in shorts and a t shirt.
Yeah, I was digging a stump out of my yard.

We moved into our current house in March 2010, the last few weeks were in the 60s and 70s. I wanted to get at the gardening, but remembered it was March still, but April was into the 80s.

In 2003, I was downtown for the championship game. Syracuse.com at the time had a webcam that took still photos on Marshall St. The next day I went through them, everyone piled out of the bars and celebrated in the street for a few minutes and then went back inside because it was freezing out.

30, you mean? Downtown has been pretty similar since I got out of the military.
I think it has been on a steady pace towards improvement for at least 20 years, probably more.

If you don't think downtown has changed in the past 20 years, I urge you to go there and take a walk. The changes are amazing and involve far more than Armory Square.

I agree more work is needed and the job to turn the area around will probably take at least another 20 years, but the trends are very good and things are just going to get better over time.

I went to the early round games in Pitt and it was awesome. Just great weather that 2 week stretch.

Like a few years ago when it was 65 degrees + on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, felt like I was in Boca or on one Cuseguy's trips to the Canary Islands. That unfortunately only lasted the one year, lol.