Semi OT: ND is angry | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT: ND is angry

"at worst, it creates an incentive for colleges and universities to change their honor codes to avoid sanctions like that imposed here."

Feels very familiar to our self reporting of similar infractions.

N. Dame critical of NCAA after appeal denied
Yeah, try getting punished for not enforcing a drug policy you don't have to have and then get back to me.

Welcome to the ACC Notre Dame. Now that you're a locked in member, you have given your brand to the ACC, so don't expect the conference to run interference for you as it behooves them to have you weakened. Just like Syracuse, but not UNC, oh no, their real ACC. Actually it couldn't happen to a better organization.

Welcome to the ACC Notre Dame. Now that you're a locked in member, you have given your brand to the ACC, so don't expect the conference to run interference for you as it behooves them to have you weakened. Just like Syracuse, but not UNC, oh no, their real ACC. Actually it couldn't happen to a better organization.
When did Notre Dame football join the ACC?

I believe there’s something to this. Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers have junior status in the Big 10. It’s understood, they agreed to it upon joining the league. With that in mind, it appears that the ACC has given de facto junior status to its new members. Even if it doesn’t apply to ND football, I do not get the sense that the ACC cares about the former Big East teams other than they bring in money. They’re not going to look out for us. We’re not going to get the calls. Mizzou is getting similar treatment in the SEC.

When did Notre Dame football join the ACC?
They're contractually encumbered . They have to play 5 conference games and can not join another conference until 2036. Maybe the ACC is behind this, that would be very Machiavellian.

I believe there’s something to this. Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers have junior status in the Big 10. It’s understood, they agreed to it upon joining the league. With that in mind, it appears that the ACC has given de facto junior status to its new members. Even if it doesn’t apply to ND football, I do not get the sense that the ACC cares about the former Big East teams other than they bring in money. They’re not going to look out for us. We’re not going to get the calls. Mizzou is getting similar treatment in the SEC.

I agree. We're not the OG's in this league, so it's only natural. It would be nice to feel like the ACC has our back, and that we're respected in the league, but it will probably take an ACC Championship (or two) to make that happen.

The NCAA is corrupt but it has nothing to do with conference power structures.
We were the top dogs in the Big East and got hammered in 1993.
USC got hammered for Reggie Bush and they are the big dog of the PAC-10/12.

Ohio State got a bowl ban for Tressel in 2012 when they went 12-0 in Meyer’s first year.

This stuff happens at all schools except North Carolina. The NCAA passed on them.

Notre Dame broke the rules and the Reported the stuff to the NCAA they got dinged. They want consideration because they self reported but the NCAA said no. They deemed the players ineligible and thus lost those wins. Same thing happened for USC’s 2003 and 2004 NC teams.

Ohio State got a bowl ban for Tressel in 2012 when they went 12-0 in Meyer’s first year.

This stuff happens at all schools except North Carolina. The NCAA passed on them.

Notre Dame broke the rules and the Reported the stuff to the NCAA they got dinged. They want consideration because they self reported but the NCAA said no. They deemed the players ineligible and thus lost those wins. Same thing happened for USC’s 2003 and 2004 NC teams.
That basically says to me that it does no good to self report. Did Cuse no good either, as far as I know.

That basically says to me that it does no good to self report. Did Cuse no good either, as far as I know.
Our problem was the drug policy we decided to have.
The NCAA doesn’t mandate them but if schools choose to have them then violations fall within NCAA jurisdiction.
This tells schools don’t do them.
Syracuse was punished because we didn’t enforce our own rules.
Thus the NCAA dinged us.

We had 3 misdemeanors the NCAA treated as habitual felonies because JB stood up to them.

the NCAA ruled that we didnt follow a policy that we dont even follow with the regular student population. Its no different than getting arrested for one thing and charged with a lesser crime.. it happens all the time in life..

notre-dame-logo_400x400.gif

as long as the whole university curriculae is a sham it's all good. right tar heels ?

There’s also a theory that the NCAA looks to make examples of private schools, while protecting public schools. Obviously there are exceptions (recent history only) like Ohio State and Mizzou, but for the most part the public schools have been getting away with more.

And I view the NCAA and conferences as separate issues. I think both are corrupt in their own, special way.

There’s also a theory that the NCAA looks to make examples of private schools, while protecting public schools. Obviously there are exceptions (recent history only) like Ohio State and Mizzou, but for the most part the public schools have been getting away with more.

And I view the NCAA and conferences as separate issues. I think both are corrupt in their own, special way.
100%. The private schools should create a legal co-defense pact to counter the large state schools political power. Or maybe just form their own conference where that is stipulated.

Notre Dame needs to be cut loose from the ACC and left to drift aimlessly untethered around the college universe INTERSTELLAR like . let your other sports programs slowly suffocate , freeze and die while you protect your precious football revenues. die irish die. GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM...

Notre Dame needs to be cut loose from the ACC and left to drift aimlessly untethered around the college universe INTERSTELLAR like . let your other sports programs slowly suffocate , freeze and die while you protect your precious football revenues. die irish die. GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM...
I'm pretty sure if ND left the ACC, their sports teams would find a home in about, oh, 16 seconds. The Big East probably already has an email drafted and ready to send to Swarbrick in case this ever happened.

good riddance i say . we all play by the same rules. ND ain't special. in or out lepra- losers. O 2 readings dropping rapidly for hoops , lax, soccer at al...

Sorry, guys, but ND is a high-status school, and having them in the ACC reflects positively on the ACC and the other schools in it. They are very good academically. They have their own national tv football contract ... and draw huge crowds when they play football or basketball in NYC area. Kids grow up dreaming about going to ND, and not just because of their athletic program.

It does not reflect well on those who diss them for their stature within the collegiate community. Smacks of jealousy, actually.

so CTO you think they deserve some special treatment to that of their peers. or do you truly not consider the rest of the ACC their peers ? justify.
sure they have a football contract. and we drag them up in every other program . i want an even playing field. all in or all out.

so CTO you think they deserve some special treatment to that of their peers. or do you truly not consider the rest of the ACC their peers ? justify.
Well, the BE and the ACC "justified" them by letting them be partial members. Love it or hate it, this is the weight they carry. Peerdom doesn't matter. Of course they are peers of the ACC, they are peers of the B1G, they are peers of the Pac-12, etc.
upload_2018-2-13_17-57-56.gif