Semi OT- Thank you Syracuse.com | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT- Thank you Syracuse.com

Dcuse

All Conference
Lets see... Has SU bubble burst? SU among nations worst in attendance. Syracuse worst city in US for Dating. Highest snowfall,lowest sunlight.most depressed, 30 laid off here,65 to lose jobs shortlyhighest murder rate in decades on and on and on and on.
I never think this is that bad a place to live until I open up this site just to read the sports. I guess it really does suck. If I read about one more stupid freakin poll that we are the worst in I think I’ll pack.
Thanks for opening our eyes Syracuse.com !!

Lets see... Has SU bubble burst? SU among nations worst in attendance. Syracuse worst city in US for Dating. Highest snowfall,lowest sunlight.most depressed, 30 laid off here,65 to lose jobs shortlyhighest murder rate in decades on and on and on and on.
I never think this is that bad a place to live until I open up this site just to read the sports. I guess it really does suck. If I read about one more stupid freakin poll that we are the worst in I think I’ll pack.

Glad I moved out of Syracuse 30 years ago. Sounds like a terrible place!

(Check the sarcasm meter before crucifying me)

Truly... Why is Syracuse always the worst in the country in something. How is that even calculable? Have those polled never been to Iowa, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, etc. Is it just fun to say Syracuse stinks? Perhaps the community loves to feel like crap, and Syracuse.com obliges...? It doesn't make sense.

If you live burbs, you don't have much to worry about except finding a parking space when you come to the school for a game.

Truly... Why is Syracuse always the worst in the country in something. How is that even calculable? Have those polled never been to Iowa, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, etc. Is it just fun to say Syracuse stinks? Perhaps the community loves to feel like crap, and Syracuse.com obliges...? It doesn't make sense.

I think I saw recently where Syracuse was ranked by one publication as the best place in the country to raise a family while simultaneously being ranked the worst place in the country to raise a family by another publication. All of these things are complete bs. Clickbait garbage that some intern compiles and puts on one of those god awful websites where you have to click through 100 times to get to what you actually want to see.

Syracuse was a great place to live. I wish I never had to leave (for employment) but I still know my way back!

If I could leave, I would.
I hope my children only return for holidays.
That goes for all of NY.
Which state has the highest government debt per resident?

Last edited:
I seriously love Syracuse. Great people. Low (compared to Metro NYC) cost of living. When I walk into the Dome, I know more people than I know in the CT town where I now live. Except for all the civic, social and community ties/commitments that I have where I live, I would definitely move back to Syracuse. It is a seriously friendly community, abounding in good will.

My friends in CT are shocked/disbelieving when I tell them I would love to live in Syracuse.

I actually know several people (e.g., Neil Gold and Carla Fischer) who who are alums, but not originally from Syracuse, who have moved back there because they love the community.

Last edited:
I think I saw recently where Syracuse was ranked by one publication as the best place in the country to raise a family while simultaneously being ranked the worst place in the country to raise a family by another publication. All of these things are complete bs. Clickbait garbage that some intern compiles and puts on one of those god awful websites where you have to click through 100 times to get to what you actually want to see.

The large amount of poverty in the city is a reason why it wouldnt be a great place to raise one. If you lived in one of the surrounding suburbs, go for it. SCSD is pretty bad as a whole.

I seriously love Syracuse. Great people. Low (compared to Metro NYC) cost of living. When I walk into the Dome, I know more people than I know in the CT town where I now live. Except for all the civic, social and community ties/commitments that I have where I live, I would definitely move back to Syracuse. It is a seriously friendly community, abounding in good will.

My friends in CT are shocked/disbelieving when I tell them I would love to live in Syracuse.
Why don't you then? I have thought about it a great deal and just can't. The weather is the factor.

Why don't you then? I have thought about it a great deal and just can't. The weather is the factor.

like-anyone-could-even-know-that.jpg

The large amount of poverty in the city is a reason why it wouldnt be a great place to raise one. If you lived in one of the surrounding suburbs, go for it. SCSD is pretty bad as a whole.

The great white flight to the suburbs is one of the main contributing factors to so much concentrated poverty in the city of Syracuse and many other cities just like it. These people abandoned their city and then have the gall to lament its demise. If they truly cared about it, they would have stuck around and fought for it instead of taking the newly-built freeways out of town.

I love the people on cny, I love the countryside of cny, I love SU sports... I always found enough decent activities in and around the city to keep me busy and content.
I moved south (2 years in huntsville, al and now in chattanooga, tn) because of winter and property taxes. Build a Dome over the area and lower my taxes by 80% and Ill come back in a heartbeat : )

ps I see this on my wifi everyday here in chattanooga so apparently Im not the only one : )
syracuse.PNG

Highest snowfall,lowest sunlight.
30 days of night.

2831808_1.jpg

(legal disclaimer i am in no way claiming this dude either hangs upside down or sleeps in a coffin.)

Last edited:
Lived in Charlotte for 3.5 years. Moved back to Syracuse in January. No regrets.