Send An Email To The NCAA President About John Raymon | Syracusefan.com

Send An Email To The NCAA President About John Raymon

G

GoCuse44

Here is the NCAA presidents email: memmert@ncaa.org

I sent him the article and politely stated that one reason class acts like Doug Marrone leave college coaching is they see firsthand how the NCAA treats young men like John Raymon.

I am sure if John Raymon went to Alabama, Florida, Oregon, etc. then a waiver would have been granted immediately since these football factories line the NCAA's pockets with millions of dollars. All you have to do is see how Oregon was slapped on the wrist with the loss of one scholarship for "major" recruiting violations. What would happen to Syracuse if "major" recruiting violations were uncovered by the NCAA?

I sent him the article and politely stated that one reason class acts like Doug Marrone leave college coaching is they see firsthand how the NCAA treats young men like John Raymon.

I am sure if John Raymon went to Alabama, Florida, Oregon, etc. then a waiver would have been granted immediately since these football factories line the NCAA's pockets with millions of dollars. All you have to do is see how Oregon was slapped on the wrist with the loss of one scholarship for "major" recruiting violations. What would happen to Syracuse if "major" recruiting violations were uncovered by the NCAA?

It is part of the reason he left, and it wasn't just the NCAA he was frustrated with.

Nobody cares.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I think Marrone deserves a lot of credit for resurrecting the program. But, as for the reasons he may have left, I agree completely. Time to move on.

You should care because if some of those things aren't fixed, then we'll be talking about a new HC in 4 years.

The post was about how the Raymon case was handled by the school and in response to the original post. What you have to add to the topic is worth less than zero.
And I commend you for your diligence and persistence making sure that all comments about and memories of Saint Douglas Marrone remain positive. I mean, an opportunity just does not pass you by. It's incredible. I have no idea how you do it. I mean, I know what it takes for me to just snarkily respond to all of your posts about Marrone. It's a chore, but you're just one guy. I mean, you nail it when anybody posts anything Marrone related, ever.

It really is impressive. Kudos.

And I commend you for your diligence and persistence making sure that all comments about and memories of Saint Douglas Marrone remain positive. I mean, an opportunity just does not pass you by. It's incredible. I have no idea how you do it. I mean, I know what it takes for me to just snarkily respond to all of your posts about Marrone. It's a chore, but you're just one guy. I mean, you nail it when anybody posts anything Marrone related, ever.

Douche

I love the effort but saying that to the NCAA isn't going to do a damn thing to these jerks.Referring to them as "jerks" is the only thing I can say without going overboard in more colorful expressions of I believe the people areTey have a self rifgteous sense aboutthemselves andtheir importance in their duties.They see everything in shades of black.You are 100% correct on the school and $ involved area major facor The schools mentioned along with the spiritual leader, Notre Dame are almost immune from sanctionsfor their actions Syracuse is merely a convenientschool with a big enough name tohit with a big stick.:bat:

And what would those problems be? SU got the IPF, got ACC, etc. Relax.

IPF was only one piece. Lots of promises went unfulfilled and if coaches can't trust the administration, they will look for better opportunities. Not to be negative, but the ACC and IPF doesn't wash away all the issues. For all of us SU fans, we should hope they are fixed moving forward.

It seems like the amount of reasons he left is so large, it makes you wonder how much he even knew about college football or SU when he took the job. How could a guy take a job that just 4 short years later seemed to have about 25 reasons for leaving.

No one has to answer that one. We know why he left. Because he was offered an NFL job. Story over.

But I am very glad he did decide to build his resume here. Turned around the program at a time where we needed it more than ever. Whereever we go from here, he gets a ton of credit for it.

Raymon is clear to play this year right?

Yes, but his appeal to play last year was denied. I believe the original poster was saying that the NCAA should have approved that appeal last year and is disappointed the NCAA didn't while allowing other appeals to be granted.

Cheers,
Neil

It seems like the amount of reasons he left is so large, it makes you wonder how much he even knew about college football or SU when he took the job. How could a guy take a job that just 4 short years later seemed to have about 25 reasons for leaving.

No one has to answer that one. We know why he left. Because he was offered an NFL job. Story over.

But I am very glad he did decide to build his resume here. Turned around the program at a time where we needed it more than ever. Whereever we go from here, he gets a ton of credit for it.
Fair take.

There do seem to be a lot of reasons why he left - that's true.

I remain disappointed that he decided to go, but there is something to be learned from why he left - don't repeat mistakes made at the administration level.

And, I am forever grateful to Coach Marrone for doing an extraordinary job at Syracuse University.

Looking forward to watching Raymon squash people this year. Too bad he couldn't play last year, but we did ok without him and now we get to have him around longer with an additional year of learning under his belt. Clearly the ncaa is horribly biased and makes bone-headed decisions influenced by money. So does Marrone and so do a whole lot of people in this world. Either way we now get to enjoy watching Raymon play and I can't wait. What a great guy and you have to wish him all the success in the world.

Marrone obviously didn't like coaching college for a number of reasons and was afraid of competing in the ACC and perhaps losing his 'rebuilder' reputation which allowed him to take the job in Buffalo. He was not a recruiter and couldn't take things to the next level and knew it so he left at the right time for him and left us in good hands with Shafer. The way he left sucks. But we are likely better off for his leaving now, just like we were better off for his coming when he did. Shafer will get us to the next level. DM may be an a-hole and may have bailed out on the program - he also was the right guy for the job at the time and not the right guy for it now. While part of my hope he crashes and burns at Buffalo, it would be better for SU if he does well. So good riddance and good luck and thanks for coming and thanks for going.

How the f#ck did this thread turn into another freakin b!tch fest about Marrone. So freakin' stupid.

Rhetorical question BTW - I don't really need a stupid response as to how Marrone came up in the thread.

Looking forward to watching Raymon squash people this year. Too bad he couldn't play last year, but we did ok without him and now we get to have him around longer with an additional year of learning under his belt. Clearly the ncaa is horribly biased and makes bone-headed decisions influenced by money. So does Marrone and so do a whole lot of people in this world. Either way we now get to enjoy watching Raymon play and I can't wait. What a great guy and you have to wish him all the success in the world.

Marrone obviously didn't like coaching college for a number of reasons and was afraid of competing in the ACC and perhaps losing his 'rebuilder' reputation which allowed him to take the job in Buffalo. He was not a recruiter and couldn't take things to the next level and knew it so he left at the right time for him and left us in good hands with Shafer. The way he left sucks. But we are likely better off for his leaving now, just like we were better off for his coming when he did. Shafer will get us to the next level. DM may be an a-hole and may have bailed out on the program - he also was the right guy for the job at the time and not the right guy for it now. While part of my hope he crashes and burns at Buffalo, it would be better for SU if he does well. So good riddance and good luck and thanks for coming and thanks for going.

Actually i believe Raymon just losses the year since he used his redshirt at Iowa his first season

Actually i believe Raymon just losses the year since he used his redshirt at Iowa his first season
Not sure if that has been determined yet. Seems he could get a "6th year" type redshirt.

How the f#ck did this thread turn into another freakin b!tch fest about Marrone. So freakin' stupid.

Rhetorical question BTW - I don't really need a stupid response as to how Marrone came up in the thread.

Well, I think it came up, because it was mentioned in the original post. May not have been the primary point, but not exactly a thread hijack.

Having said that, I blame myself for keeping it going. But it's the heart of the offseason, times are slow. And I did want to be on record (for whatever it's worth) that I'm a huge fan of Marrone for what he accomplished here. Just wish he was in for a longer haul. But oh well, opportunities like NFL head coach aren't around forever. Unless you're someone like Norv Turner or Dick Jauron.