Sending out the soccer play on 4th and 1 isn't what we signed up for with this HC | Syracusefan.com

Sending out the soccer play on 4th and 1 isn't what we signed up for with this HC

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
Game seemed to turn around when Babers decided to go Full-Marrone and thought attempting a 40 yard FG was a better idea than attempting a 4th and 1 conversion.

This isn't what I thought we were getting with Babers. I thought we were getting aggressive, common sense decision-making.

If we were adding a head coach that doesn't use analytics for his game management decisions then we should have just kept Shafer.

I love Babers but this is exactly what I was thinking when he decided to go for the FG

when you cant rely on anything but a FB dive and that only works 30% of the time its hard to do anything on 4th and 1..

You can treat it like a third and six
No no no when it's 3rd or 4th and 1, the right play call is to bring out the giant people and make sure you get exactly 1 yard. If a quick-kick isn't available.

He hasn't proven anything as a head coach in Syracuse yet.

Fact.

Well he beat a ranked team last year. We haven't done that since 2012. So ... not a fact. It's a bad loss. It happens. Have a beer and enjoy all day of football tomorrow

Dino has little faith in our short yardage game. The fact that they use Elmore there tells you a lot about the line and Strickland.

That was definitely a pretty disappointing decision. It's not like Cole is automatic. You butter your bread by being aggressive. You don't go away from it when it matters most. Terrible decision and would still be a bad decision even if he made it.

His entire coaching philosophy made no sense today. Can someone please tell me why he has simplified the offensive playbook? What adjustments did he make at halftime? The plays for the two games of the season don't look much different than the plays he ran at the spring game. With blitzes by Shafer's defense today not once did he run a crossing route to Phillips?

Dino has little faith in our short yardage game. The fact that they use Elmore there tells you a lot about the line and Strickland.
Its time to quit playing 10 on 11 on offense, Strickland, and Neal can't run, or block for Eric, calling the signals for the oline, isn't enough for them to be in the game. The center should call the line blocking line Mackey did for 4 years. We have a tank in Elmore, let him punish people, that will open up the other parts of the offense.

Its time to quit playing 10 on 11 on offense, Strickland, and Neal can't run, or block for Eric, calling the signals for the oline, isn't enough for them to be in the game. The center should call the line blocking line Mackey did for 4 years. We have a tank in Elmore, let him punish people, that will open up the other parts of the offense.
Strickland and Neal are fine (although Neal looks like he'd be a better fit as a WR). The running scheme and how they use these RB's are an issue.

Well he beat a ranked team last year. We haven't done that since 2012. So ... not a fact. It's a bad loss. It happens. Have a beer and enjoy all day of football tomorrow
Wow we beat a ranked team !

Strickland and Neal are fine (although Neal looks like he'd be a better fit as a WR). The running scheme and how they use these RB's are an issue.

Strickland is an awful RB. Neal is a slot WR

He hasn't proven anything as a head coach in Syracuse yet.

Fact.

Lol. What a pile of hot garbage.

VaTech last year was a better win than Shafer ever had. It's up there vs most of Marrone's.

Name the Shafer win that's better.
Lol Shafer ?

If anyone is claiming Shafer is a good HC they are out to lunch. He's partially the reason where we are at today.

Lol. What a pile of hot garbage.

VaTech last year was a better win than Shafer ever had. It's up there vs most of Marrone's.
Why do you keep bringing up Shafer?

So far that's all Babers has proven. He established a great system but it's yet tbd if it's going to work and produce results. Sure didn't today.

Cuse went 4-8 last year. Cuse are staring at another 4-8 season.

A day later, I'm more disheartened and/or disappointed than pissed. Maybe even confused.

Who is Dino Babers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom