Serious Question to everyone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Serious Question to everyone

Billy Donovan ? I am sure he will be done with the Thunder by then so it will depend if he wants to come back to college or if he gets another NBA job

Beilein needs to coach at D-1 first. The next D-1 player he recruits will be his first.

Beilein needs to coach at D-1 first. The next D-1 player he recruits will be his first.

Niagara makes sense for him imo. His family is from Niagara county. His dad coached in that league at Canisus to start before Richmond. I think he’d do great things there, it’s a lot like LeMoyne, just D1. Also — I believe he coached NCCC and had success there. The two campuses are down the road from one another.

For Niagara, it’s a no-brainer. positive buzz for a program that hasn’t had any since Mihalich left.

if Rick Patino continues to improve I could see him being made an offer. The son of the man who JB hired as an assistant?

What proven head coaches out there, when the time comes do you think will honestly put there hat in the pool to angle to be head coach at SU. What coaches look at it as a job like Dino? We aren’t a stepping stone. You can be here for a long time. This is a serious question to people out there on the board, we aren’t getting Jay Wright etc., so leave that out! In my opinion, and I don’t think I would necessarily want either one of them, but it seems like Buzz and Josh Pastner go out of there way to praise SU! Could they be angling for the job?? Personally, Pastner is young. Coached for a while now, has recruited, coached in the ACC. Not saying he’s my choice, but a interesting candidate.
I don't think it's realistic to assert "we are not a stepping stone." JB's commitment to staying in one place is an anomaly. Anyone we get, if he experiences tremendous success, will likely have an opportunity elsewhere for more money, in a more 'glam' environment, and/or at the NBA level. The best chance of keeping someone for an entire career is to hire someone who is both an alum+has local ties. Which is severely limiting in terms of a pool.

I don't think it's realistic to assert "we are not a stepping stone." JB's commitment to staying in one place is an anomaly. Anyone we get, if he experiences tremendous success, will likely have an opportunity elsewhere for more money, in a more 'glam' environment, and/or at the NBA level. The best chance of keeping someone for an entire career is to hire someone who is both an alum+has local ties. Which is severely limiting in terms of a pool.

Even Kansas was a stepping stone for Roy.

There's a decent chance Dabo leaves Clemson for Alabama.

If we're a stepping stone, it's for a very small club that is likely Kentucky, Duke, UNC and Kansas.

If Hurley succeeds at UConn he could be an option. It would feel so good to big boy that program.

If Hurley succeeds at UConn he could be an option. It would feel so good to big boy that program.
Pleassseee tell me this was suppose to be in sarcasm font. Hurley is awful and acts like he snorted a pound of cocaine in the Locker room before he comes out for games.

Billy Donovan ? I am sure he will be done with the Thunder by then so it will depend if he wants to come back to college or if he gets another NBA job
Honestly, an incredible scenario would be one where Billy Donovan does two more seasons in the NBA, then joins the staff as HCIW for Buddy's senior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom