Seth Davis says: | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis says:

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
He spoke with an NCAA official and they said "it's highly unlikely that they are investigating the 2007 sexual assault issue". He claims its an academic issue and it will only add to speculation on JB's quote recently that he just wants to go play golf somewhere. He thinks the comment might have to do with his near term and long term situation. Seth stutters and says " maybe he's not going to be long for Syracuse". seth says the letter of inquiry by the NcAA could have been mailed last week, last month or 6 months ago.
This was off true tv btw.

He also said, "Boeheim saying it won't be a distraction to the players is quite an understatement" What?

He also said, "Boeheim saying it won't be a distraction to the players is quite an understatement" What?
That was just wishful thinking on Seth's behalf.

He also said we are going to lose to Montana. These guys don't know anything of value. It's one big circle jerk to try and glom onto anything that will result in more attention. They are starved for attention and most of all they're starved of credible information. Period. Here's a real journalist, dealing with real issues, trying to obtain real information:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Contrast and compare.

He also said we are going to lose to Montana. These guys don't know anything of value. It's one big circle jerk to try and glom onto anything that will result in more attention. They are starved for attention and most of all they're starved of credible information. Period. Here's a real journalist, dealing with real issues, trying to obtain real information:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Contrast and compare.
The reporters beef s/b with his own government. When things got crazy they should have simply guranteed depositors funds. Intead they inexplicably threw the bondholders into the gurantee. The conventional wisdom at the time was that it was a passing liquidity/faith in the system problem , while hindsight has shown it was far worse than that.

CBS is in cahoots with Vegas? They unload a bomb like this so the betting on SU games becomes more intriguing which brings in more viewers to their games? Just thinking why they would release this right before the games.

CBS is in cahoots with Vegas? They unload a bomb like this so the betting on SU games becomes more intriguing which brings in more viewers to their games? Just thinking why they would release this right before the games.
Interesting... we know they are doing it on purpose, since there seems to be nothing new since last year. But why? Most of us think in terms of "because they hate Syraucse, or Boeheim, etc." But of course it always comes down to money. I am sure we will never know, but your theory is as good as any.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

He spoke with an NCAA official and they said "it's highly unlikely that they are investigating the 2007 sexual assault issue".

So he supposedly spoke to a source with the NCAA and that person didn't know anything. Ok then.

It could be a distraction.

We've seen both sides of it with SU.

In 91 it was a distraction, and we lost to Richmond.

Last year, the Fine stuff was no distraction, and we had a great year.

This year? We'll see.

From the press conference, I think JB truly is not worried about this at all. For better or worse, he is at a point in his career where I think he feels largely untouchable. Last year, that mentality rolled onto the players (the not be distracted part), and they were fine. I would guess that this years team will probably have the same reaction, I'm guessing they are taking their cues from JB.

It could be a distraction.

We've seen both sides of it with SU.

In 91 it was a distraction, and we lost to Richmond.

Last year, the Fine stuff was no distraction, and we had a great year.

This year? We'll see.

From the press conference, I think JB truly is not worried about this at all. For better or worse, he is at a point in his career where I think he feels largely untouchable. Last year, that mentality rolled onto the players (the not be distracted part), and they were fine. I would guess that this years team will probably have the same reaction, I'm guessing they are taking their cues from JB.
I saw him do an interview last night and he just laughed it off.

I spoke to a person that I can't name and asked if there would be murder charges brought against SU players this year? The person said that "it's highly unlikely they are investigating a murder at this time!"

I spoke to a person that I can't name and asked if there would be murder charges brought against SU players this year? The person said that "it's highly unlikely they are investigating a murder at this time!"
That is quite an understatement.

I spoke to another unnamed and anonymous source this morning while I was eating my Cheerios and they told me "anything is possible".

Ridiculous. Their is a problem and they are going after Syracuse. Fix the rules and then you will fix the problem. If they are facing penalties for not following the stupid rules that is ridiculous.

Who here thinks that anyone on the Alabama football team or the Kentucky basketball team go to class? Fix the rules in all of college basketball to actually make student athletes.

However, the NCAA makes too much money to fix it so they just keep going with the same jackass rules.

What distraction was there before Richmond loss? Is that when the PostStandard published the stuff that led to the 93 ban?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom