Seth Davis top 25 next year | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis top 25 next year

A lot of things would have to fall in place, but not outside the realm of possibility.

Carey or Goodine emerging at lead guard and Sidibe bouncing back physically would totally transform next year's outlook for the better.

And I have a suspicion that team chemistry will be vastly improved next year, which could also go a long way toward better on-court performance.

A lot of things would have to fall in place, but not outside the realm of possibility.

Carey or Goodine emerging at lead guard and Sidibe bouncing back physically would totally transform next year's outlook for the better.

And I have a suspicion that team chemistry will be vastly improved next year, which could also go a long way toward better on-court performance.

great point about chemistry, you can't tell me Frank wasn't a disruption.

with 8 freshman/sophomores (9 if you count howard washington, who will be a sophomore in eligibility) and only one returning regular starter, there is just too much unknown for me to have any expectations. it's almost like a blank slate year, which is exciting

assuming no oshae: 2019-20 roster by games played experience
dolezaj, 71
sidibe, 59
hughes, 34
boeheim, 32
carey, 23
washington, 18
braswell, 12
goodine, 0
guerrier, 0
girard, 0
bol ajak, 0
edwards, 0

I don't think we will be very good next year. That being said the most important thing is that I think we will have a number of guys who I think will gel and be really good contributers 2 years after next when we could be a real contender.

We need to get back to having a team of contributors in the 2nd-4th year that gel well.

will MD come back?
will he be skinnier than last year?

We aren’t in his top 25 but he added additional teams and has us at 26. Pretty optimistic, especially coming from him

He just spoke at SU on Friday on the topic of amateurism in sports. Interesting panel.

well, history indicates they will be good, as usual - 20 wins, at least mid-pack in the conference
but there is no reason to expect any more than that

I don't think we disagree. I am defining very good in the context of top 25. I don't see us there or near it.

But we will be around a bubble team because that is what we do.

will MD come back?
will he be skinnier than last year?
saw him at spring game. He's unbelievably skinny and he was wearing "skinny-type" sweat pants. I'd prefer him in boot cut clothing :) But he was talking with his cheerleader girlfriend.

Agree, still worry about the chemistry a little with Brissett presumably coming back, but overall should be a lot better.

Who knows, maybe next year could be a 2000-01 type season where we don't a lot of excitement on paper and not much in terms of expectations, but the team overachieves and is a cohesive unit. That team carved out a 5 seed in the tournament.

Who knows, maybe next year could be a 2000-01 type season where we don't a lot of excitement on paper and not much in terms of expectations, but the team overachieves and is a cohesive unit. That team carved out a 5 seed in the tournament.
Certain teams in the ACC will be rebuilding/reloading as well. Could help us. Especially with the Italy trip.

I had lower expectations than most for this past year's team. Even before Frank's injury. I think the 2019-20 team could surprise many people. A lot of hungry players on the roster.

Wow, from the list above that is an average of 15 game appearances per player. And obviously the total minutes played (and thus avg/game) wouldn’t be much either (too lazy too look it up).

Of course it doesn’t work that way since all incoming freshman have no experience, so factoring them out leaves the 7 returning players with an average of 25.43 game appearances — meaning getting some minutes in about 3/4 of one season’s games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom