Seth Davis | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis

BonaCuse

Scout Team
Seth Davis posts his top 25 ballot on twitter on Sunday nights. He does not have SU ranked. In some back and forth tweets with people, he says leaving SU off the ballot "an easy call", says "39.5" if they are in his top 40, and when someone said that leaving them out of the top 25 was a bold statement "I actually thought 'I'm ready to go play golf' was a bold statement".

Seth Davis posts his top 25 ballot on twitter on Sunday nights. He does not have SU ranked. In some back and forth tweets with people, he says leaving SU off the ballot "an easy call", says "39.5" if they are in his top 40, and when someone said that leaving them out of the top 25 was a bold statement "I actually thought 'I'm ready to go play golf' was a bold statement".
Cuse has to do it's talking on the court. I have no problem with Seth Davis or anyone else questioning the team. As Al Davis used to say "Just win, Baby!!!".

Goodness. Can you imagine the conversation that must be taking place between him and his astute CBS colleague Gottlieb in regards to SU & JB? ;)

At this point rankings dont mean stuff. I dont care if they drop us to 100.

Goodness. Can you imagine the conversation that must be taking place between him and his relatively new CBS colleague Gottlieb in regards to SU & JB? ;)

You are so right. Unfortunately, we've given those two plenty of ammunition with our collapse this final third of the season.

Those opinions suck to read, but honestly--from an outsider's perspective, why would they feel any differently? We haven't beaten anybody of note since Notre Dame, we've seemingly regressed in just about every measurable aspect of play, and we seem to be on the decline. We've had plenty of chances to change the sports media's perception, especially in recent weeks with several marquee games--and we dropped every single one of them.

If I were a sports writer with no ties to SU, I wouldn't be very high on our prospects either. We've lost 7 of our last 12--we're headed in the wrong direction at the wrong time.

Honestly is he wrong? They've lost 4 of their last 5. We've looked just dreadful offensively and has shown no real heart. Can't say I blame him for putting us out of top 25.

I have no problem being outside the top 25. In fact, I welcome it. Give these guys a reason to just go out and have fun, play ball, and hopefully win.

I have no problem being outside the top 25. In fact, I welcome it. Give these guys a reason to just go out and have fun, play ball, and hopefully win.

Christ--what I wouldn't give to have Southerland / Triche bounce back and start making some shots beginning this week.

Christ--what I wouldn't give to have Southerland / Triche bounce back and start making some shots beginning this week.

I'd give marsh's left nut

When the team realizes that it no longer has anything left to lose, they will be perfectly postured to resume the business of winning games. I'm of the opinion that they are at that point right now.

And, who gives a flying fox what we are ranked at this point in time. Does it really matter? Honestly!

So a 17th ranked team losses to a 5th ranked team at their place and they fall more than 8 spots. Makes total sense.

New
GoHamSU said:
I'd give marsh's left nut​

I'd even give his PBR, but I bet he'd rather give the nut. :D

Actually would prefer it to start NEXT week. Going deep in the BET isn't going to do a hell of a lot but surprising a team next week when they think they have a declining team on their hands would be better. This team CAN beat oppontents they would see as a 5, 6 or 7 seed jsut as well as the ones they would see as a 3 or 4 seed. IF both BT and JS come back from their mental vacation.

Not that it really matters, but I don't think it's fair to put James and BT together as far as slumping players. Last game he was obviously terrible, and Depaul he didn't shoot a great % from the field (5-18, yikes) but at least he got the line 11 times and made all 11. He's shooting 45% from the field and 37% from 3 for the season, good for a 57% true shooting.

Brandon's #'s for the entire season aren't that good; he's making 28% from 3 all year, he has a 51% true shooting. So long story short, I am much more confident of James having a good game the next time we play than I am with Brnadon.

This may be wishful thinking but I doubt many 3 seeds will want to see Syracuse staring at them as a 6 seed! A team that was ranked as high as #3 but has now been left by many as dead!

This may be wishful thinking but I doubt many 3 seeds will want to to Syracuse staring at them as a 6 seed! A team that was ranked as high as #3 but has now been left by many as dead!
It's perfect.