Seven of SU's losses were to four of the top eight teams in the country... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seven of SU's losses were to four of the top eight teams in the country...

I remember when we had a strong argument for being a top 5 program.

Now I’ve got to read threads about games we almost won, and how teams we almost beat are playing to go to the final four, and how Colgate really is actually good, and how it’s ok that we can’t big boy Notre Dame and DePaul on the recruiting trails, etc.

I will accept none of this.
This is a good post.

I remember when we had a strong argument for being a top 5 program.

Now I’ve got to read threads about games we almost won, and how teams we almost beat are playing to go to the final four, and how Colgate really is actually good, and how it’s ok that we can’t big boy Notre Dame and DePaul on the recruiting trails, etc.

I will accept none of this.
When were we a top five program?

(Not saying we weren’t.)

I mean we literally gave 2 W's to Miami alone. The second loss was one of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen from a Syracuse team. Im still in awe of that accomplishment to this day.
Ya, just when I thought it was impossible for SU basketball to hurt me anymore this season. They go and gut shot me.

And that's Jim Boeheim's worst-ever team in 46 years.

It's not the same as beating those teams but I'm still rooting for an all "we shoulda beat 'em' Final Four. Go UNC and the U!

so this is what it is like to be a boston college fan.

My thoughts as well. So we’re talking 10-20% of JB’s tenure.

Sounds about right. As he said, he remembers when we could make the argument for being a top 5 team. I don't think he was making any argument that we were a perennial top 5 team for JB's tenure. Just that there was a time when we didn't worry about the things we have to now, or be happy with the victories that would have just been assumed in previous years.

This thread reminds me of SEC football arguments for getting teams into the AP Top 25 on the strength of "good losses."

All hail the "good loss"!

This thread reminds me of SEC football arguments for getting teams into the AP Top 25 on the strength of "good losses."

Seems like it worked out for the SEC.

I don't think any SU fans are going to give much credence to a Hokie talking down about hoops failures right now, or anytime soon for that matter.
Way to represent the conference.

I don't think any SU fans are going to give much credence to a Hokie talking down about hoops failures right now, or anytime soon for that matter.
Way to represent the conference.
We Hokies have to get our basketball shots in now, before the next Orange coach rights the ship in Syracuse. As trolling goes, I thought this was pretty gentle, though! Would you prefer the UConn treatment? Too bad - that's reserved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom