Class of 2025 - SF Aaron Womack (WI) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (9/30/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Aaron Womack (WI) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (9/30/24)

Well, we struck out with our higher priority SFs. This probably represents the staff moving on to the next highest guy on their recruiting chart, for what shaped up as a position of need in the class of 2025.

They must have liked this guy's tools, given that he's a slightly lower rated guy.

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Syracuse basketball has landed a commitment from 2025 Milwaukee (WI) Dominican small forward Aaron Womack. Womack took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend where he picked up an offer and committed before heading home. The 6-6 wing is the second commitment in the Orange's 2025 class, joining five star Sadiq White. Womack chose Syracuse over offers from Buffalo, Illinois State, Illinois-Chicago, Murray State, Southern Utah, William & Mary, Wisconsin-Green Bay and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

He’s a program player. Not gonna be asked to contribute day one. He’s a 2/3. His freshman year well still have likely Bell, Sadiq White, Westry, possibly Freeman at forwards.

At the 2 we’ll still have likely Starling, Moore, Kiyan

Doesn’t include any transfer guards or forwards we bring in. He needs some work but nothing terrible. Handle needs some work, will definitely need to hit the weight room, will need to rebound a bit better, and not super physical.

He’s a really good shooter, good athlete, solid defender. Potential to be a really good all around player. But will take 2-3 years in my opinion which is fine with the pieces we will have in front of him.

Autry knows what he’s doing. He’s getting a couple guys per class that will be here a year or two because they are stud NBA players and mixing them in with a couple 3-4 year program guys to build a culture. I get what he is doing. And this is a program guy right here

With scholarships going up, I don't mind flyers on guys like this. Especially since he seems to be a good shooter.

He’s a program player. Not gonna be asked to contribute day one. He’s a 2/3. His freshman year well still have likely Bell, Sadiq White, Westry, possibly Freeman at forwards.

Doesn’t include any transfer guards or forwards we bring in. He needs some work but nothing terrible. Handle needs some work, will definitely need to hit the weight room, will need to rebound a bit better, and not super physical.

He’s a really good shooter, good athlete, solid defender. Potential to be a really good all around player. But will take 2-3 years in my opinion which is fine with the pieces we will have in front of him.

Autry knows what he’s doing. He’s getting a couple guys per class that will be here a year or two because they are stud NBA players and mixing them in with a couple 3-4 year program guys to build a culture. I get what he is doing. And this is a program guy right here
IF he doesn't transfer. That's what we were trying with Patterson and we saw how that worked out.

Proof is in the pudding.

We'll see this year. If we aren't in the tournament, I will have some real issues with this statement.

Syracuse basketball has landed a commitment from 2025 Milwaukee (WI) Dominican small forward Aaron Womack. Womack took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend where he picked up an offer and committed before heading home. The 6-6 wing is the second commitment in the Orange's 2025 class, joining five star Sadiq White. Womack chose Syracuse over offers from Buffalo, Illinois State, Illinois-Chicago, Murray State, Southern Utah, William & Mary, Wisconsin-Green Bay and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

That list is... horrific. Period.

It’s nice to see someone commit but honestly I really only care about Kiyan and TJack at this point lol

I have never heard of the kid so I'm going to reserve judgement. If he is willing to sit behind a kid or two and wait for his shot it could make sense. It feels like most kids don't want that anymore.
Kids hear what they want to.