Class of 2025 - SF Aaron Womack (WI) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (9/30/24) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Aaron Womack (WI) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (9/30/24)

Franco’s Pizza gift cards.
Season 4 Shrug GIF by The Office

An Inside the Loud House article from yesterday states that Womack is a 3 star with the potential to be a 4 star if he has a strong senior year. If this comes to be, Red and staff should be applauded. Add a 4 star Kiyan, who could move up to 5 star, the 2025 class is a success even after losing out on several top recruits.

An Inside the Loud House article from yesterday states that Womack is a 3 star with the potential to be a 4 star if he has a strong senior year. If this comes to be, Red and staff should be applauded. Add a 4 star Kiyan, who could move up to 5 star, the 2025 class is a success even after losing out on several top recruits.
Thanks for mentioning that, my friend. I did talk to several national scouts about Aaron. Here's the piece: Scouts assess new Syracuse basketball 3-star commit Aaron Womack: 'Big-time shooter'

Given the talent pool trends this makes it important we establish an overseas pipeline if we can. Foreign players continue to influence the NBA more every year so it’s only natural to be following the trends. Finding a kid or two in Europe each cycle would be a really smart play even if it is one that has more challenges to get the paperwork done.
That’s how Gonzaga built their program in the early years before they started landing top 100 players.

Right, I’m very familiar with what analytics are, and I just think it’s a fools errand to pretend they are useful to meaningfully evaluate a still developing teenager.

I do think it’s a red flag that Marquette, Wisconsin, or any of then Chicago area schools hadn’t offered. We’ve missed on virtually every similar recruit in the last few years
I read somewhere(can’t remember where, my memory blows) that a big motivation for the offer was that Marquette was lurking around and they liked this kid for quite a while.

I read somewhere(can’t remember where, my memory blows) that a big motivation for the offer was that Marquette was lurking around and they liked this kid for quite a while.
I thought I read that he wanted a Marquette offer and they never came around and that's why he accepted. Marquette isn't listed on the interested schools lists.

Petar and Womack are at a minimum skilled 2nd unit basketball players. Petar will help right away and Womack by his 2nd year. Unless you are Kentucky or Duke, it's hard to fill out the back end of your roster with 3 to 5 star players. For years the back end of our roster was filled with players under development with a lot to learn. Red is finding basketball players with skills and understanding of the game and with a shorter learning curve.
I think Petar is going to surprise. I think he has a high basketball IQ, will rebound well, pass well, play def well, make good decisions and be a servicable scorer. Ya know your typical Euro semi big.
When/If Naheem isnt fully healthy Petar will be a big piece to this teams success.
He certainly isnt your average freshman. He has experience playing big boy basketball.
Really good find.