Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Rocky’s defeat of Ivan Drago was the single greatest athletic feet in our country’s history. His jaw ended the Cold War.

That being said, lets get back to Jackson

Last edited:
Can’t run wo rebounding and a pg who can push.

Haven’t had those pieces for quite awhile.
Running is a mindset. You can run off steals or even after giving up a basket. We don't run and JB uses rebounding as the excuse. The real reason we don't run, imo, is because it is harder to set up the zone if guys are in transition and our entire gameplan revolves around the zone.
We certainly have the athletes to run. We're also not very good at it, and that's being kind. Our guys don't spread out and fill lanes well. Usually it's one guy goes down the lane to the hoop regardless of the numbers advantage (2 on 1, 3 on 1...). It doesn't take a lot of practice time to be halfway decent either. All the way up through high school, we always ran 5 minutes of drills on it at the beginning of every practice - that's all it takes really.

Maybe not in the 80s but always played zone in the 90s

Not exclusively. I remember quite a few Bill Raftery, “And the Cuse...man to man!” calls to start the games.

1996 was the beginning of almost all zone, as I recall. We were kinda slow at guard(but tall) and lacked depth, and it was a good fit for that team, which surprisingly went all the way to the finals.

2010 was the beginning of 100% zone no matter what, and recruiting for the zone being more important than offensive fit, IMO.

Not exclusively. I remember quite a few Bill Raftery, “And the Cuse...man to man!” calls to start the games.

1996 was the beginning of almost all zone, as I recall. We were kinda slow at guard(but tall) and lacked depth, and it was a good fit for that team, which surprisingly went all the way to the finals.

2010 was the beginning of 100% zone no matter what, and recruiting for the zone being more important than offensive fit, IMO.
In fairness, he said that whether we were in man or zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom