Class of 2019 - SF Anthony Duruji / Transferring from La Tech to Florida | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Anthony Duruji / Transferring from La Tech to Florida

I took Boeheim's article the other way - to indicate that Oshae was leaning toward not returning, and letting him know he's still welcome if he changes his mind.

I seem to recall something similar with Devendorf, who Boeheim publicly supported - as evidenced by Eric being welcomed back to the team as an assistant of sorts, getting his coaching career started.

But I also recall at the time that Eric was advised that he might want to leave, because he was on double secret probation from the school for off-the-court incidents and would have been kicked out of school if just one more complaint was made against him, and then the year would have been a waste.

As Jake said the other day, I think this is going to be resolved one way or the other fairly quickly.

Taken directly from the article:

“He struggled shooting the ball, but he can shoot it,’’ Boeheim said. “He will be able to shoot it. He should be back, so he can do that.’’

Also, the fact that Waters listed Brissett in the other article means something. Mike doesn't do anything without intent or knowledge.

Devendorf's situation was totally different and had nothing to do with basketball. Paul Harris, too.

Like with Paul Harris, there is a player coming in who looks like he might be a better player - in Oshae's case, Guerrier looks like a better offensive player than Oshae, just like Wes Johnson looked like a better player who was going to get some of Paul Harris' time.

Some players don't hang around, when they see they're going to go from playing 38 minutes a game as a frosh, to 32 minutes a game as a soph, to maybe 25 minutes a game as a junior. It's a regression. He's going to get less time, because his offense is limited and his decision making has to get a lot better. He still tries to twist and turn and avoid contact when he finishes near the rim.

Guerrier appears to be stronger, and powers through the defender to get to the rim. Now, of course, that's against HS kids, but I'm thinking specifically of the Canadian all-star game video, so those are the best of Canadian competition, probably on par with playing EYBL. Guerrier also has a nice 3 point shot and a midrange game. Guerrier, to me, looks like C.J. Fair coming in. He's too good not to play. He's a solid 220 pounds. That's bigger and stronger than most of our front court.

Braswell, with his 3 point ability, is also too good to just rot on the bench again next year. We are too deep at guard for Hughes to play there more than maybe 5 minutes a game, tops. I think it would be best for everyone for Oshae to move on, and go play in Europe.
Harris (and Devo) were not dis-invited for basketball reasons. SU was sick of paying the tolls for Hopkins trips back and forth to Niagara Falls. Devo on the team was bad optics.

If OB buys in, we should all want him back. If he’s just going to audition for the NBA, maybe everyone’s better off if he leaves now.

As far as Duruji’s concerned, the number of potential suitors makes me think we don’t have much of a chance.

Duruji is visiting Florida this weekend. He has connections with the coaching staff at Florida. My guess is that he commits to the gators.

Duruji is visiting Florida this weekend. He has connections with the coaching staff at Florida. My guess is that he commits to the gators.
Is there a connection beyond White being the former HC? Not sure there was overlap, even from a recruiting standpoint.

I could still see him committing to Florida, though.

Is there a connection beyond White being the former HC? Not sure there was overlap, even from a recruiting standpoint.

I could still see him committing to Florida, though.

I believe White did recruit Duruji to La Tech.

I’m really excited to hear news on players that decide not to come to SU or come then transfer. NOT

I’m really excited to hear news on players that decide not to come to SU or come then transfer. NOT
Oh please. Clearly he was all in on Florida. He didn’t consider anywhere else.

Yep. We were clearly at least 2nd on the pecking order here. It’s why I figured we’d know quickly if we had a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom