1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Class of 2017 SF Curtis Haywood (OK/NH) Brewster Academy to Ga Tech

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by Francis03, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Orangefizz

Orangefizz Walk On

I am so disappointed in our coaching staff this year. First, they go all in on QG. Then they assign our least experienced assistant to our top targets. Hops not the HC yet, why wasn't he taking the lead w QG and other top NE targets. This has been the worst recruiting year since Carmelo came to SU. I saw this happen before Troy Weaver came in as an assistant coach; remember LaSean Howard and Sam Spann. Oshae Brissett and Bourama Sidibe might be nice players but pale in comparison to the talent Duke brings in each year. The immediate future looks bleak until we shake up our coaching staff.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Jasoncuse likes this.
  2. 721Comstock

721Comstock Starter

Our recruiting pales in comparison to Duke (and UK) virtually every year.

The once in a blue moon we get a Top Ten recruit is a huge deal for us -
    those programs usually get multiple Top Ten guys every year.

3. Francis03

Francis03 All American

Duke and UK are on their own tier when it comes to recruiting. No shame in that. I bring it up all the time, but there is no reason why SU couldn't be on the same level as a program like Zona. The fact that Zona can come into SU's recruiting stomping grounds and land more top 50 players than them is flat out embarrassing.

4. rackman18

rackman18 Starter

Time for change people and a BIG change, "Clean the House". Like I said in previous post, JB to retire and for us to get the best coach available out there and some top recruiters/assistants and start rebuilding and do it now so with all the scholarships for the next few years we can build a respectable team and a staff that can recruit and teach our players, "mainly the bigs" how to play. I haven't seen a SU team regress so much in one year and it isn't because we lost so much talent because we got good players to replace them, its the whole team. I see coach JB is not as intense at coaching as he has in the past few years and maybe due to him ready to retire. But as far as Hopkins, he is NOT the right replacement for JB, and as far as the asst, coaches, they were great player for SU while they were here but they are not coaches that can recruit, "maybe other than Autry" but we need ones that can teach these young players how to play and work as a team. Yes you are going to blast me but I as a SU fan is killing me to see this just continue and I see it is getting worst.. jm

5. Shark58

Shark58 Walk On

is it true we never got out and saw this kid?

6. Francis03

Francis03 All American

Yep. Our coaches decided that making trips to Brewster this season wasn't worth their time.Oh Lord

iommi and Deano like this.
  7. Shark58

Shark58 Walk On

f'n Ponderous

8. two3zone

two3zone Hall of Fame

I've never really had a problem with our recruiting until this year. While I've questioned some of the guys we've gone after the past few years the overall body of work was acceptable.

Seems like you have the same frustrations and know we could be in a lot of trouble in the coming years.

I love your opinions and knowledge and while appreciate your reports and keeping us all in the know, but right now you're scaring the hell out of me.

9. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

I heard JB is telling kids not to come here and is instructing the assistants not to visit any kids cuz he wants the program in the worst possible shape when he leaves

20Plus likes this.
  10. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

It's laughable and disturbing at the same time. Maybe the recruiting restriction of being only able to have two coaches on the road at the same is hamstringing the staff. (I'm trying very hard to give them some loophole). Still, this is really looking like amateur hour.

two3zone likes this.
  11. Francis03

Francis03 All American

JB snoozing at multiple recruiting events and sending GMac to recruit a gang of five stars should be scaring the hell out of you more than anything I post and say.

two3zone and Shark58 like this.
  12. two3zone

two3zone Hall of Fame

Oh, it does...... I've voiced it a few times on here but I try not to harp on it as I don't want to get trashed for talking about the golden child.

13. Francis03

Francis03 All American

I feel ya.

two3zone likes this.
  14. rackman18

rackman18 Starter

I said what I had to say on here fearing I was going to get the raft of God put down on me. However I found out that there are a few others on here feel the same.

15. 721Comstock

721Comstock Starter

Lol, that's a new one. :p

OttoinGrotto and orangefog like this.
  16. brian williams

brian williams Walk On

Otherwise known as Noah's ark.

two3zone, MSOrange, Shark58 and 2 others like this.
  17. orangefog

orangefog All American

I was hoping he meant Bill Raftery.

721Comstock, MSOrange and Shark58 like this.
  18. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

who's the "golden child"?

19. orangefog

orangefog All American

Don't worry, it isn't you.

two3zone likes this.
  20. Djb6649

Djb6649 Walk On

Gmac... I'm not afraid to say it. He was a great player here and deserves all the love in the world from SU. But that does not make him a coach or a recruiter. It's time SU looked outside the past players base and brought in a recruiter like they did with Weaver and Murphy. Without the AAU ties you don't stand a chance with some of these kids.

retro44 and two3zone like this.