Class of 2018 - SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY)

It seems that some on here may have undervalued the kid, or not seen whatever Hop sees in him. Maybe that at least means the Cuse has had their eye on him since the days of Hop. If we trust Hop, Cuse may want to get busy and make an offer, unless they feel they'd get the "hometown discount", and have extra time if the kid is a Cuse fan. Im not sure if he's lived his whole life in New Hartford or if his folks moved there at some point for the education or whatever other reasons people move to New Hartford, so I don't want to assume he is a fan, although the love for the Cuse is generally big there.

Its kind of a shame Hop couldnt have been made to sign something akin to a nondisclosure form, that wouldnt let him continue to recruit kids he got intel on as a member of the Orange staff.

Syracuse hasn't offered, all this would do is hurt the kid.

Its kind of a shame Hop couldnt have been made to sign something akin to a nondisclosure form, that wouldnt let him continue to recruit kids he got intel on as a member of the Orange staff.

That is a preposterous ask. He's probably evaluated hundreds of kids for the next few classes. He's built relationships with top kids, and has offered this kid when we haven't. He has every right to recruit whoever he wants at his program.

Outside of Lebron I don't ever see any 6'8" guy having the lateral quickness to play the two in our zone nor see JB ever attempting it.
Didn't we try it with James Southerland or was it just discussed. I remember trying it and it being a dumpster fire.

That is a preposterous ask. He's probably evaluated hundreds of kids for the next few classes. He's built relationships with top kids, and has offered this kid when we haven't. He has every right to recruit whoever he wants at his program.

We talk about fantasies on here, I wasnt looking at it from a purely legal stance. But youre right, suddenly UW is a major competitor for some kids. I dont have to be happy about it, being we already have been having major difficulties as it is. Hopefully you can understand where Im coming from.

Syracuse hasn't offered, all this would do is hurt the kid.

Maybe JB doesnt offer as quickly? Im curious how many more of these might happen over the next couple of years?

Or are some of you implying that Hop is now recruiting at a level that was below the level he recruited at for SU? I'd like to get folks feelings on that straight.

Maybe JB doesnt offer as quickly? Im curious how many more of these might happen over the next couple of years?

Or are some of you implying that Hop is now recruiting at a level that was below the level he recruited at for SU? I'd like to get folks feelings on that straight.
My concern is today's article says no one from Syracuse has been in contact with him since Hop left. Showing no love at all. And then when we become interested as he climbs charts we offer and wonder why he doesn't sign

My concern is today's article says no one from Syracuse has been in contact with him since Hop left. Showing no love at all. And then when we become interested as he climbs charts we offer and wonder why he doesn't sign

I like Policelli, but we need to target guys who can shoot. Not just athletes. This kids similar to all the other forwards we have.

I like Policelli, but we need to target guys who can shoot. Not just athletes. This kids similar to all the other forwards we have.
That may be true but he his improving and an occasional phone call wouldn't hurt. Never know. He's got another year at H S

Actually, shooting is probably Policelli's greatest strength. He has very good range on his set shot. His athleticism, while good, is still developing like other parts of his game which is why I think you are seeing high majors becoming involved with him. He certainly isn't a shooting guard (doesn't handle/play low enough) at the next level, but could be a good small forward or small ball four. I just don't see Syracuse being an option for him unless he plans on committing late and becomes a fall back option after cuse misses their top targets. They would have kept contact if he was more of a priority.

Does he have any other P5 offers? Not trying to stir anything, just curious.

We talk about fantasies on here, I wasnt looking at it from a purely legal stance. But youre right, suddenly UW is a major competitor for some kids. I dont have to be happy about it, being we already have been having major difficulties as it is. Hopefully you can understand where Im coming from.
Coming from the town of Pettiness.

We've got offers out there that are a year or two old, and we just stop calling the kids, but don't make new offers. (See Class of '17) Makes me shake my head.

Coming from the town of Pettiness.

I hope that is just humor, because I dont think some of you understand the significance Hop poses as an enemy now. Yeah I want to root for Hop as long as he isnt playing against us, but that includes recruiting as well. I mean he just offered Isaiah Stewart, who one service listed as Boeheim's first phone call once recruiting opens up(apparently they dont know he's supposedly heading to Ewing). It's time to recognize Hop is potentially a formidable threat, even though many on here see SU recruting as having sucked for however long.

I dont think it's petty at all to wish we didn't have a new competitor for so many of the players we're already after. Maybe once we lose a recruit to Hop, someone will respect my Syracuse-first stance. What I'd call petty is people rooting against the Cuse in recruiting, and/or demeaning those actually rooting for them.

I agree with you. I guess it comes down to whether we trust JB and the current staff more than Hop. I'm not ready to make a commitment either way on that one, but I think an occasional phone call might be a decent idea even if he isn't a top target currently. Can you imagine the threads on here if Hop ends up with a more highly ranked team than JB at some point?

Here's a fairly short write up that some of you may enjoy. It seems that Frankie and the writer seem to think Washington wont be the last big school to offer the kid.

For me, it's becoming interesting to watch Hop's evaluation of talent when contrasting to SU's. I get the feel from Frankie that he's one of the candidates less likely to play far away from home than others. Growing up in New Hartford is a bit different than the hard streets, although that's not the only reason I say that.

https://basketballrecruiting./news/policelli-drawing-increased-high-major-attention